All reviews great location champions sports bar starbucks downstairs typical courtyard front desk austin downtown two blocks within walking distance self parking sixth street valet staff bars and restaurants hotel staff nice room would stay here again free breakfast upon check
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The Courtyard was fabulous. It was clean, convenient, spacious with a perfect location. The assistance we received at the front desk is similar to a fine upscale hotel. They recommended restaurants, places to go, things to do and most importantly helped us with our new iphones that we were not sure how to use. The staff is terrific. Love this hotel and highly recommend it for a visit to Austin.

Room tip: If you want quiet - ask for high floor.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank EaglesSteelers
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I had a room on the top floor facing away (opposite side) of 6th ave, so that may have helped my stay since this property seems to get mixed reviews. I liked it. The room was well appointed, and the bed was clean and comfy. Staff was friendly, and the bfast next door at Residence Inn ($10) was great. Right across the street from the convention center, which was really convenient, and easy walking distance to sixth ave for bars/restaurants/music/shops. Also walkable to Congress Ave, Capital Building, and Congress Bridge (bat colony). I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2011
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank cinncitraveler
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard in Downtown Austin last month for business. The hotel was packed; however, I was there for a convention, so I'd assume any time you are there for a convention it will be packed. The staff was friendly, my room was clean, and the hotel is litteraly across the street from the convention center!

My only complaints, the walls were thin and the line at the Starbucks in the lobby was always long... at least a 30 minute wait.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The hotel is a short cab ride from the airport ($21-$25 fare) and is in a great location near the convention center, 6th Street and Congress. The staff is very attentive from the doormen to the front desk. The facility was exceptionally clean and, during midweek, quiet. I had a single king bed and for a standard room, it was spacious. There was a love seat and desk.

I stayed the week prior to SXSW. My single king bed during midweek was $159/night but jumped to $459 during SXSW.

My expectations were exceeded and would recommend this hotel. It has every aspect important to me: location, cleanliness, quietness, attentive staff.

I did not have a car but the parking rate of $21/day seems excessive.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Gridfather
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The ladies went above and beyond and helped me get a wonderful outfit together for New Years. They are a positive crew and really really made my hotel experience fabulous.

Thanks Girls; I haven't forgotten you all : )

Also, I had a great quiet room : )

Date of stay: December 2010