“Simply perfect”
Review of Freddie's Place - CLOSED

Freddie's Place
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South Austin
New York
“Simply perfect”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Freddie's is one of those places you'll drive by a hundred times without stopping by... Well you are missing out on a great, easy going place with friendly servers and really good food. Sure you can get more expensive food, but if you want a good meal in a relaxed setting then Freddie's is your place. While I am not a huge fan of this, they are also dog friendly, I never had a problem it's just not my favorite thing about a great place with a huge outdoor space. In the year we lived in Austin I would have to say we were at Freddie's at least once a week and sometimes more. They have a diverse menu and can accomodate large groups. While it's not on their drink list yet, this is where I created the first "Tequila Bob", so it will always have found memories and be a must visit whenever we find ourselves back in Austin.

• Visited June 2012

Austin, Texas
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Freddie's has lots of outdoor seating, good drink prices, and great food. Their burgers are delicious and huge. You can customize the burgers with a wide variety of options. I usually get a veggie patty, wheat bun, barbecue sauce, pineapple, and monterey jack cheese. Don't forget to order some sweet potato fries!

• Visited June 2012
“Dog friendly!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The patio was well shaded for a summer day. Food was excellent. Dogs were catered for. Service could be better, although it seemed it was just our waitress.

Danville, California
“The PERFECT Austin experience!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I've been looking for the PERFECT Austin dining experience & now have found it! I will NEVER make a trip to Austin again w/o making a stop @ Freddie's. I love this place!!! The food is sublime, the "best" sweet-tea in town & a menu you will simply "flip" over. Great service, faboulus location, don't miss it - you won't be dissappointed - trust me... Way to cool for schoo!l

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Mrmojo58
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Really laid back and fun place with great food and service. We tried the sausage "burger" which is between two belgian waffles. It was really yummy. The outside seating is really nice with lots of trees for shade and fans. Love that it is dog friendly too.

• Visited April 2012