“Much Better and Real than Vegas!”
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
Ranked #1 of 41 Concerts & Shows in Austin
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was visiting Austin this weekend when a childhood friend surprised me with two tickets to see Esther's Follies on 6th Street at Downtown Austin. Excellent spectacle, awesome cast, enchanting Victorian backdrop filled with very well and intellectually conceived comedy sketches. Ray's "in your face" magic show is great! I guess the highlight is the amazing satirical criticism of our daily doings and challenges that will bring you to burst into laughter with the extended effect of forcing you too think long after the show has ended about current realities affecting our lives... A definitive MUST see if ever in Austin, TX. Thanks Dr. Ortiz!

1  Thank JJAdams1

Reviewed July 6, 2014

No need to describe since the website says it all. Nonstop 90 minute of laughs and fun. Probably the one thing you must do on the 6th st.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Show is awesome. I really enjoy the magic, myself, but the comedy is funny. It has quite a bit of adult humor which was okay, but disturbing that people had brought preteens to the show.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

What a great show. I laughed so hard I can't remember the last time a show did that to me.

Singing, dancing, magic and comedy in a great mix.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have been before but the act has turned into a magic act with some very left leaning political satire thrown in. Overall the performers are very talented. I just wasn't looking for a magic act.