“OMG So Funny”
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
Ranked #1 of 41 Concerts & Shows in Austin
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Did not know what to expect but believe me when I tell you it wasn't just funny, it was gut splitting funny. Thought I was going to have an asthma attack and I don't have asthma. They have great writers because they had very current material. We got the reserved seats and they were right in the center. We went in 30 mins. early and had a drink. It's a funky little place. A must do!!!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Really didn't expect much. Figures it would be political and lopsided and unfunny except for the in crowd... boy WAS I WRONG. Sidesplittingly funny, topical, political with barbs on all sides and funny. Woven throughout was a spectacular magician as funny as the rest of the cast. GO GO GO...

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Esther's Follies is such a fun place to go for lots of laughs. There's a lot of Texas humor, but nothing non-Texans wouldn't understand. I went with a group of friends at a college reunion and we had a ball!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friends and I didn't know how we would enjoy it, but we LOVED it! This is a MUST DO!! As often as I go to Austin, I can't believe I've never been before. We reserved seats, but any seat in the house is a good one. You will not stop laughing!! Please go... absolutely worth it!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This show was so much fun! It is non-stop one liners, jokes, skits and songs that poke fun at just about everyone... but mostly Texas. There were clearly some inside jokes that only the Texans in the crowd really understood, but not hard to join in anyway. The magic tricks sprinkled throughout we're pretty amazing and did a good job of mixing it up. We'd totally go to this show again, knowing that the subject matters changes all the time. Don't bother popping for the reserved seats, all of the general admission seats are good.