“Fantastic show!”
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
Ranked #1 of 43 Concerts & Shows in Austin
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My friend who lives in Austin took me to Esther's Follies and I am so glad that she did. This is something that I would have never went to otherwise. You will want to come early because once they open the doors is when you get to choose your seat and if you want to be in the front you will want to be one of the first ones in line. The entertainment was fantastic. I am not a person that laughs at just everything, but the show was hilarious. I actually got to stay behind and meet the magician which was pretty cool. I had several drinks, but they make the best long island ice tea that I have ever had. If you are in Austin you will have to stop by this little gem!

All reviews
"austin institution"
"fun evening"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The show kept me laughing the entire time! It reminded me of a version of Saturday Night Live but MUCH BETTER! I would recommend this to everyone as a fun thing/place to go!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

A long time staple in Austin. But it has not aged or diminished. Great variety, humour, magic, burlesque, music. What more could you want? And a great alternative to the adjacentsleazy bar scene that occupies the majority of Austin's 6th street.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to Ester Follies during a recent family vacation and had a wonderful time. The show is really funny and all the actors did a great job. Ray the magician was the highlight of the show.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Best. My wife and I visited Austin for a long weekend. We saw lots of things we liked. Ester's Follies was the best. They do skits, songs, lots of political and social satire and magic. They are very clever and very funny. We laughed out loud many times. I believe there were 8 people in the group and they were all talented and funny. There was also a magician who was a very talented comedian and entertainer even without the tricks. The fact that he did great illusions was just the icing on the cake. We are from Chicago and this was as good or better than anything we have ever seen at Second City. The only thing I did not like was the sound system. A lot of the comedy involves singing and a better sound system would make certain that the audience would not miss any lyrics.