“Esters Follies was fabulous show”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
Ranked #1 of 37 Concerts & Shows in Austin
Charlotte, North Carolina
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Esters Follies was fabulous show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to Ester Follies during a recent family vacation and had a wonderful time. The show is really funny and all the actors did a great job. Ray the magician was the highlight of the show.

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Great Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Best. My wife and I visited Austin for a long weekend. We saw lots of things we liked. Ester's Follies was the best. They do skits, songs, lots of political and social satire and magic. They are very clever and very funny. We laughed out loud many times. I believe there were 8 people in the group and they were all talented and funny. There was also a magician who was a very talented comedian and entertainer even without the tricks. The fact that he did great illusions was just the icing on the cake. We are from Chicago and this was as good or better than anything we have ever seen at Second City. The only thing I did not like was the sound system. A lot of the comedy involves singing and a better sound system would make certain that the audience would not miss any lyrics.

Cedar Park, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I laughed so hard, my jaw ached!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went to the 10:30 PM show in December. I'd never been and I thought it was extremely funny. Lots of spoofs on Texas, politics, Texas weather, the people, etc. The place itself has a bar to get a drink in before the show, and an intermission so you can get another drink. There are restrooms available and it's very easy to leave and re-enter the theatre. We sat in the back on purpose as my girlfriend who got the tickets said that people up front get chosen to be in the show. Since none of us wanted that, we opted to sit in the back. You can specify where you want to sit when you call to get tickets. The seats are reserved so when you walk in to the theatre, find your row and there will be a place card with your name on your seats. The show is awesome, the performers are very good for local theatre and all in all, it was a very funny show. The ony downside is the seating........it's like hotel convention seating. Very strange. The theatre is located downtown but that area is so busy at night with bars and people, you shouldn't have a problem walking in a group back to your car. We parked in a parking garage about 1 block away.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very funny , please go and see this show if you are in Austin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

It was such a feel good show , very talented people !! Great margaritas , we went around 30mins before the show started and got seats at the front , we were visiting from Australia and go to the theatre here and this was one of the funniest shows I have seen

Visited November 2013
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Clever, current and absolutely hilarious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

A fabulous show combining hilarious songs and skits with some impressive magic. The content was very relevant to current events, politics, Texas and so on. As a visitor fom Canada I still got almost all of the jokes and spent a good portion of the show laughing my ___ off. I would very highly recommend this show to anyone visiting this great town of Austin!