“I guess I didn't get it”
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
Ranked #1 of 39 Concerts & Shows in Austin
Colorado Springs, Colorado
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“I guess I didn't get it”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I loved the magician part of the show - he was talented and a big crowd pleaser. The rest of the show was pretty much "meh" for me. Most of the crowd around me was laughing loudly, so maybe it just wasn't my night. The seats are all good - even with general admission seating you will get a good view.

Tel Aviv, Israel
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I laughed my butt off!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I am not usually one for a dull live comedian experience. This show is a mix of magic acts, stand up comedy, and musical comedy skits. I laughed for 10 minutes straight at one point. Just a tip for the shy, sit in the front row. They always pick on the people trying to hide, a few rows back. The show had a lot of political texas stuff thrown in but I enjoyed the stuff I wasn't familiar with just the same.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly amazing!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

After waking up with a severe 6th St hangover we needed an alcohol free activity so went along to this without knowing anything about it. It's basically a variety show of comedy, dance, music and magic. AMAZING. Hilarious. Best thing we did sober!!!! Highly recommend, well worth the $28 or whatever we paid for it. We went for the unreserved seats because reserved was sold out but we still got great seats. Warning - sitting in the front row or aisles will probably mean the magician cuts you in half or something.

62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“SIngular entertainment on 6th”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Nothing else on 6th street is like Esther's Follies, a wide mix of variety acts. Don;t be afraid to take your mum or your older teen to it, it's lots of fun. Reservations are useful though you might walk up and get a good seat. The show changes and is topical, so going more than once a year will remind you of how witty and clever these writers and performers are. Good value for your entertainment dollar.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An ABSOLUTE Must-see”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was something I wanted to do based on reviews on Trip Advisor. My husband was ho-hum about it. We LOVED it and laughed like crazy the entire time. We got there early (7:15 for the 8 PM show) and ate something from the little café they have there. Although the menu is quite limited, the food was really good. You can just put your programs on your seat to save your place and go out and get food and drink. You can eat during the show if you're not done. We have been to comedy shows and improvs in New York, and I would rank this right up there with the best of them. Wish I lived closer to Austin so that I could make this a regular night spot!