Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $37.90
from $49.00
from $54.13
More Info
All reviews children's museum water room older kids hands on activities water play interactive activities change of clothes all ages toddler area great for young kids fun place for kids year olds young ones school groups different areas younger crowd parking garage
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Highly recommend for little ones. Very creative and hands on with lots of different areas for kids. Seems like 3+ is optimal.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Please go to the website to plan your trip. They have so many special offerings it is well worth your time to fine the right time for your visit. This "children's museum" is great for very young children and does an even better job as they grow up. I am a mom with teenage kids and I still enjoy it without them. It makes me happy to be there.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited on Monday for baby bloomers and my 20 month old loved it! It has so many features, we could have spent hours there! The Monday session is very reasonable too, although I think it’s worth the money regardless! Check it out, there’s something for everyone!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the Thinkery with our 5 and 3 year old grandchildren on a rainy day. This is a wonderful museum for younger children.

There are many interactive hands-on exhibits for kids here. Our grandchildren especially liked the Light Room and the Water Room. The outside play area has a wonderful and safe climbing setup. I am an engineer and I was intrigued by some of the exhibits. I recommend this activity for kids who are interested in learning how things work and for those who just want to have an interesting time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great place to take little ones to do some fund hands on learning. We took an instructed dissection class, which was a lot of fun and informative. The rest of the THNKERY was a little too young for my kiddo, but I can see how per-school and up to third graders would benefit from this location!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came with my two year old, two of her friends and their parents. We had such a good time! There are so many different activities to engage the children - there is a light room, a water play area, magnets, building, and a soft, padded area where they can goof off. The Thinkery also does a story time a few times a day. There's an outdoor play area that's fun for the kids to climb on. We had previously brought our daughter here about a year ago (she was about 14 months), but I think she was too young - there wasn't much for her to do at that point and it wasn't worth the price of admission. Two years seems to be the perfect age to introduce kids to the Thinkery. She and her friends had so much fun! Next time we go (which will be soon!), I'm going to buy a one-year family membership. I'd recommend about 1-2 hours for a toddler. Older kids could definitely spend more time here. Also, if you park in the garage, The Thinkery will validate your parking for, I believe, up to 3 hours - just give them your parking ticket when you sign in. I'd also recommend bringing a change of clothes, as your kiddo will probably get wet in the water play area (even though they have aprons to help keep the kids dry).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fun, scientific museum for the very young and elementary children. Many interactive exhibits including light and water. The water exhibit upstairs is very fun, but can be messy. Best to have a second set of clothes in the car just in case.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

My kids 4 yr old(girl) and 10 yr old (boy) loved this place. It made me smile just seeing them engaged. It’s great for kids but a little boring for adults. My daughter loved the paint on the glass wall area (downstairs), the water room and the kitchen room that are located upstairs. My son loved the shadow room, the outside play area (also has water) and the gravity golf ball room. We almost missed the part outside to the right where the large connect four was. Doesn’t have food there, so we took a backpack with drinks and snacks in with us. You can’t have drinks in certain areas. They employed a blind guy there and he was working with his dog along his side. My daughter was very fascinated with the dog and I used this as a learning opportunity. She watched as the dog assisted the man with nudging him when kids were climbing on the outside water area, or running, or not standing on the step stools and keeping their feet planted. She said the man and the dog are doing a great job. I didn’t like the condition of the restroom, but right after we came out they closed it for cleaning. I guess we caught it at the wrong time. When they have the restroom closed, they do have a single family restroom that can be used. I thought the storytime area was nice for kids but the soft bean bag like beds they have to relax during storytime needed to be cleaned more frequently. They have water-proof aprons for kids to put on when they paint and when playing in the water area upstairs. I would definitely recommend this place a family outing. The price is low ($12 a person) lots to do. We spent about three hours here and my kids weren’t ready to go at all. We went on a Saturday from 1-4ish and it was a lot of people but not overcrowded. If a station is full that you’re interested in, just got to another one and loop back around. There’s plenty to do.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We planned a day of activity around visiting the Thinkery this past Monday after confirming hours on the website. When we arrived, we were met with a locked door. A woman sitting nearby told us that a family drove from several hours away only to have to turn around because they were in fact closed. We were disappointed as this was our last day in Austin.

Please fix your website.

2  Thank MFTravels93
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We love everything about this place. The climbing thing, the air planes, the upstairs water lab, the outside water play place, the interactive light display, the outside play grounds.

1  Thank 342curtw