“Loved the Customer Service provided for our meeting”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #55 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Fort Collins, CO
“Loved the Customer Service provided for our meeting”
Reviewed July 22, 2007

This is a bit odd. I work with the Federal Government. You did not have rooms available at the Government rate, so we had to stay in a hotel about 2 miles away. But we were able to have our meeting in your hotel. Your staff treated us just like I would have expected if we were staying there!! The most impressive part was when on the evening of our last day the shuttle from the other hotel did not show up to pick up most of the class, your staff agreed to take them back to the other hotel!
That is what I term quality customer service! Please make sure that your staff knows that we really appreciated their thoughfulness and help in our time of need.
I will continue to recommend your hotels in the future and hope we can work out the financial details on a case by case basis.
I was course coordinator for the class in your building.
Glenn M. Stubbs
#BL1167177

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank mike-stubbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Pt. Arthur, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2007

I have been in and out of Austin on business for years. I just discovered this hotel in January of 2007. I have found the Hotel staff to be one of the most accommodating in the world and they gone through an extensive remodeling. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends. Its a great place to stay!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — nothing
Reviewed July 11, 2007

We stayed at this hotel via a booking through Priceline. I had stayed here years ago when it was an old yucky Holiday Inn and my initial reaction when I saw what hotel was had was "Oh no!" . However, we were very pleasantly surprised to see the renovations that had taken place. Our room was on the first floor facing the pool, where it was very convenient to take the kids out to the pool. The pool and hot tub were both very large, and we made use of them every single day of our trip. That was the nicest hotel pool we have seen in quite a while!

Our room was pretty- newly renovated with nice linens and bathroom fixtures. We had a few minor maintenence issues, but they were taken care of very quickly.

Renovations are still taking place, and although I saw several workers during the day, I did not hear construction sounds at all.

This hotel is easy to get to, especially once we figured out the side streets and parking was plentiful.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, especially if it is swimmin' weather!

• Liked — the pool
Reading
Reviewed July 5, 2007

I don't normally leave any kind of feedback on these sites but feel that in this case I have to.

I stayed at the Wyndham for 10nights in June 07 with my brother
who was celebrating his 50th birthday.

As soon as we checked in the level of service and care that we received was second to none!

There is a great team at the Wyndham who genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and that really comes across.
Always helpful and informative and nothing seemed too much bother.

It really was a very enjoyable stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone, family or friends who was thinking of staying in Austin.
I certainly will be back.

Go see for yourself!

Five Stars!

• Liked — Friendly welcoming staff and atmosphere
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 20, 2007

My boyfriend book this hotel for a romantic getaway and looking at the website, it seems nice. The room that was booked had a garden view and a porch and we got a view to the parking lot with a glass door and a little balcony very dirty full of cigarrette butts. The room was really dark, even with all the lights on, we couldn't open the windows drape or all the people coming in and out of the hotel will see us. The bed was really nice and comfy, nice linens, the bathroom really clean, however our room has a whole in the wall and you could see the dry wall next to the light fixtures. Also the hotel is still going on remodeling.

• Liked — The nice bed was super comfortable
  • Disliked — Room way too dark
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KandyKane056
ak8233
Reviewed June 18, 2007

I stayed here for a night on business travel, so my expectations were fairly modest. All I ask for is a clean room in reasonably good condition. Staff were polite, if a little distant, but the hotel itself is not being maintained. A few examples:
-- I found a wet washcloth and hair in the tub;
-- The halls and my room had not been vacuumed; and
-- The flimsy window shade would not close.
If I were management, I'd spend a little less time folding the wash cloth into a clamshell and putting a bunch of fluffy pillows on the bed, and focus on the basics.

3 Thank ak8233
Fort Worth
Reviewed April 17, 2007

GOOD: The beds are comfy, the linens and towels are luxurious, the bathrooms are very clean and new flooring/countertops/fixtures/toilets. The restaurant is very good, and the lobby is nice. Wireless works fine, just a tad slow.

BAD: This is a remodeled Holiday Inn that has seen far better days. The recent repainting efforts did not even include removing old wallpaper border. The hotel cooridors have a moldy smell, and the elevators are nasty. The ceilings in halls have not been updated, I'm sure the old tiles are holding odor. The doors to room and bath are era 1960, chipped and very tired looking. Overall this is a poorly done remodel/upgrade and is not worth more than $75/nt.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business