A young man (did not get his name) who works at the front desk helped make our trip a great one. We had a terrible experience at the Extended Stay on Guadalupe. After driving hours to spend the weekend in Austin we were told at the Extended Stay that they were overbooked and even though we had a reservation they could not give us a room. The experience was terrible but when we called to book a room at the Wyndham it made up for it.
The young man at the front desk booked us the last room they had, which was a suite. We booked over the phone and it was fast and simple. We were 10 minutes away and he said by the time we arrived things would be ready for us. We stayed at the Jackson suite. We had stayed in a room before and they are nice but the suites are much nicer. The suite had a large room with a queen bed, a living room and kitchen area, a full bathroom, a separate sink, and large closets. The suites are separate from the hotel so there is more privacy. We do not have kids but I considered the suites very family friendly. They are no rooms on top of each other so you will not have loud people making noise upstairs like in the hotel rooms. Everything was very clean. We like the bar at the hotel, I do not drink normally but I have a Mexican Martini at the hotel every time we are in town. I only stopped at the restaurant for a couple of juices so all I can say is the ladies were friendly and the place looked clean and organized. The location is perfect because it has easy access to I35 so we were wherever we needed to be in no time. It is close to St. Edward's and South Congress, if you are in town for an event there this is the place to stay.
Our experience last time was not as great...for some reason the guy at the front desk gave us a different rate from the one we got by phone and then he wanted us (a couple) to get separate rooms or a room with two beds. We are a couple and adults so I do not understand why he suggested this. It is a shame that we did not get the young man's name who helped us book our room this time because he totally made up for the bad experience and we will be staying here from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 miles from downtown Austin and 4 miles from the airport, the Wyndham Garden Hotel is a prime destination. Enjoy easy access to the city's high-energy music, sports, university, arts, and business districts while delighting in a backdrop of scenic Texas Hill Country. Wyndham has teamed with post-modernist design legend, Michael Graves, to create a refreshing hotel experience. The result: upscale but affordable Texas Hill Country accommodations with unique features and products for an unforgettable Austin getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Hotel And Woodward Conference Center
- Wyndham Garden Hotel & Woodward Austin
- Wyndham Austin
- Austin Wyndham