We checked in and went straight to our room after hearing the 5 minute "how your AC works because we are green" speech. We noticed the hotel was overall dirty. Dirty in a way that COULD be cleaned, if they wanted. The carpet all the way to the elevators was littered with bits of something (unidentified). Once we got on the elevator there was a puddle of liquid (once again, unidentified).
We got to our floor and noticed the carpet was very dirty with spots and spills that had not been cleaned. Once in the room there was a heavy musty smell. They told us it was because the AC had been off for a few hours (Really?). That smell was only the beginning. The carpet had nasty stains. We could not get the AC to work, the toilet ran non stop and the tub would not drain, the phone did not work (had to go downstairs each time something went wrong), the clock had burned out sections so you could not see the full number and to top it off...the carpet was so nasty that it felt sticky under my bare feet! That is when I insisted on a new room. They had sent up 3 people to fix things and it was very disruptive.
The next room was not any better! The toilet ran non-stop and they sent the guy up to fix and all he did was take off the lid and jiggle something and put the lid back on "There! fixed!". It ran all night, off and on. Then the AC would not stay on. I had to get up during the night and make it turn on. The carpet had stains that were disturbing. I put my iPad charger in the nightstand drawer and when we returned, it was gone! The guy they sent up swore the maid did not take it. I never said they did...all I said was that it was gone. They gave me another one but I'd rather not think that my things could disappear.
I have to go to Austin a lot but I will be going out of my way to NOT stay in this hotel no matter what. There are too many to pick from and I expect the carpet to not be sticky!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 miles from downtown Austin and 4 miles from the airport, the Wyndham Garden Hotel is a prime destination. Enjoy easy access to the city's high-energy music, sports, university, arts, and business districts while delighting in a backdrop of scenic Texas Hill Country. Wyndham has teamed with post-modernist design legend, Michael Graves, to create a refreshing hotel experience. The result: upscale but affordable Texas Hill Country accommodations with unique features and products for an unforgettable Austin getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Hotel And Woodward Conference Center
- Wyndham Garden Hotel & Woodward Austin
- Wyndham Austin
- Austin Wyndham