“Very Nice Hotel”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #53 of 203 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Atlanta
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. The hotel is modern and beautiful but not over the top fancy. It was clean and quiet and a great value for such a comfortable room not far from downtown. We will probably stay here again when we visit Austin in August.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Casandra K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. We look forward to seeing you in August. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Reviewed June 26, 2013

For starters, I used to live in Austin and am very familiar with the downtown hotels. They're just about the same no matter what city you live in..Marriott, Hilton, double tree, etc...

I flew in to Austin the same day my job told us we could work remotely for the next few weeks while we get a new office set up. In the mix of excitement and buying a plane ticket, I completely forgot about lodging. Even at LAX, I was thinking "how busy can it be on a Wednesday night?". Well, I had no problem at all finding rooms, but they were all well over $200 a night. I had not stayed at this hotel before but I would absolutely stay there again. The over night crew (which has to be the most mentally draining hours to work front desk) were great and very courteous. The front desk manager, I believe her name was Cassandra, was great! I used to work customer service and I hold any one in that industry to a higher standard than most people would. The entire crew was great and seemed to enjoy their job, which is also a good rule of thumb for any business(happy employees mean good business).

The room was quiet even though I was near the elevator. The bed was great and the food was surprisingly delicious! 10/10 would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Casandra K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. Feedback like yours is the reason we do what we do. Thank you for your mention of our great and courteous overnight crew, the quiet room, the comfortable bed, and delicious food. And thank you for your comments about me, too. They made my day. I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit to the Wyndham Garden Austin and hope you’ll be back to see us again soon. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I selected this hotel because I had an engagement in the hot spot area of Austin off 6th St. I didn't want to spend well over $200 for a one night stay since I knew I would not be in the room but to shower and sleep. I was able to get to my destination quickly. Bed good quality as were linens. Room clean. Great Austin musician exhibition in the lobby and restaurants. Good quality for the price and location. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are so happy you enjoyed our clean rooms, good beds and linens, Austin music décor, restaurant, and friendly staff. We can’t wait to see you again. Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Travelers also viewed these Austin hotels
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
Crowne Plaza Austin
#26 of 203 in Austin
South Austin
Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Northwest Austin
Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest

Been to Wyndham Garden Austin? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Austin

Property: Wyndham Garden Austin
Address: 3401 S Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78741
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#68 Business Hotel in Austin
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wyndham Garden Austin 3.5*
Just 3 miles from downtown Austin and 4 miles from the airport, the Wyndham Garden Hotel is a prime destination. Enjoy easy access to the city's high-energy music, sports, university, arts, and business districts while delighting in a backdrop of scenic Texas Hill Country. Wyndham has teamed with post-modernist design legend, Michael Graves, to create a refreshing hotel experience. The result: upscale but affordable Texas Hill Country accommodations with unique features and products for an unforgettable Austin getaway. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden Hotel And Woodward Conference Center