“Great spot for families” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Austin

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #58 of 197 Hotels in Austin
League City, Texas
“Great spot for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We loved our stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. Not only was it close to lots of restaurants, it's easy access to the interstate made it a great location for us. We upgraded to a suite, and we were so glad we did. The spacious unit offered a fold out couch plus a flat screen tv! The beds were very comfortable as well. The full service kitchen came complete with a dishwasher, very unusual in most hotel suites. Booking online through the hotel's website offered us even more of a discount, so the entire stay was very affordable.

Room Tip: Suites are on the ground floor, near the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin and our spacious suites. We do our very best to make sure we have rooms and services for every type of traveler and I'm so pleased to hear your family enjoyed your visit. I hope you'll get to come back soon and take advantage of the lovely weather by chilling out by our pool. Don't forget, we've got a phone poolside so you can order room service out to the pool area.
BeWell,
Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our overnight stay in Austin. We were a little hesitant considering some of the reviews, but decided to give it a try. Glad we did. The only bad incident we encountered was when we first arrived, the toilet did not flush. All it took was one call to the front desk & maintenance was up to the room shortly after. Toilet was fixed and our stay was without further incident. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear johneric76,
I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate you taking the time to leave the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin a review online. It means a lot to all of us that you mention the quick and attentive service you received for your room repair. Items do need to be repaired at all hotels and we pride ourselves in making sure that every team member quickly communicates to the proper department our guest needs so that we can address any requests or repairs quickly and efficiently. Thank you from all of us and we hope to see you again soon.
BeWell, Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I loved the location and the facilities at this hotel. It was very clean and the service was very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing the Wyndham Garden Austin. We all read your comments and take every one as an opportunity to be better. Your wonderful review makes us all smile. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again.
houston, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed here one night while on a wknd getaway to Austin.
The hotel is easy to find and convenient to everything on ths Southside of Austin and downtown. You can just zip across Woodward to Congress or Lamar for easy access to anywhere.
The hotel was in nice shape, rooms and bathroom were updated and clean.Counter staff was friendly and helpful.
The only thing I wasn't impressed with was how the AC was contolled in the room...you insert your key-card into a slot on the wall, then you control the ac with the thermostat. The problem was that after it reached your set temp, it defaults back to a higher temp (74)...then you have to do it over again if you want a lower temp. Just a bit annoying.
Anyway, other than that it was a decent stay.
The bar was was smaller but nice, a decent beer selection too. DIdn't eat at the resturant.
The one really cool thing was all of the lobby area and hallway walls on the first floor have pics of famous Texas musicians and and a short short bio about each one. Check it out!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I appreciate your honesty regarding the energy efficient thermostat control in the room. It is our intention to save energy while still providing you with a comfortable temperature in the room throughout your visit. Once the key card is in the slot in the wall, adjust the control to fan or auto, and then set to the temperature to a degree of your choosing. I am very sorry if this was not made clear to you by the front desk. I will use this as a training opportunity and share your comments with my front desk team so they understand the importance of communicating the use of the ac to all guests. I hope it didn’t take away from the rest of your stay. I’m so glad you had an opportunity to try the beverage selection in our bar, ReWind, and that you toured our lobby Hall of Fame for the Austin Music Project. Perhaps next trip you can visit our restaurant, ReVive, and try the great menu selection there. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel is very welcoming. The room was very small. or was the bed too big? I couldn't really tell either way, we could hardly squeeze our bags through the hallway into the room. we were laughing because we had to take them in one by one. the bed was comfortable, and the TV was nice. I felt very claustrophobic in the room. Didn't want to return to the room until I knew it was time for bed. So to me, it is a small space to rest your head.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KellyGL2012
Anthony S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear KellyGL2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your comments. I'm glad to hear that the staff was welcoming to you. You are absolutely correct that the King size bedded rooms are a bit smaller (300 s/f) than the rooms with 2 Double Beds (370 s/f) in them. The next time you come to visit us if you want a larger room with a King Size bed in it, our Executive King rooms are the same 370 s/f as the rooms with 2 Double Beds and we also have Poolside Suites (we call Casitas) with a living room area seperate from the bedroom area and with an overall living/sleeping space of 530 s/f. These other room types will cost a little more but if you need the King Size bed and want some more room, these are at least options for you to consider.

Again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to you coming back and staying with us again on your next trip to Austin.

Tony Sahyoun, GM.
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Came in with 5 people 4 rooms after long flight from overseas tour. Exhausted. Counter staff are upset and lecture me on not having correct names on rooms (all in my name). After ten minutes of lecture. I asked for different counter person. The young man said he would just cancel my rooms right now. Had it not been after 6 pm and my Amex already billed $144 each room for 4 rooms I would have agreed and gone elsewhere. This is an old quality inn or ramada with a little facelift. Warnings in parking lot about theft. (rough area it appears). No hot water in morning barely warm. When I asked about was told maintenance not available. No more Wyndham garden for me

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wmbristow
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies on behalf of that staff member. While we do need to have an individual name on each guest reservation for security purposes, this desk agent should have made that clear in a more positive manner. I’ve already discussed proper etiquette and verbiage with this person and it should not happen again. I hope you’ll give us another opportunity to prove that we have the best of intentions for you and the rest of your group. I look forward to seeing you again. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I ended up here after being involuntarily bumped from a flight. This is the hotel at which the airline booked me. The facility was quite nice and the room was great. The work area was wonderful - wish I would have been there longer to make use of it.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your wonderful review for the Wyndham Garden Austin. I hope you’ll be back so you have more chance to make use of the hotel facilities. Be Well, Casandra Kokoska