Wyndham Garden Austin
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$145
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
W Austin(Austin)
$309
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
Omni Hotels
1,664 results
All reviewsfront deskairport shuttleclose to downtownthe entire staffgreat roombed was comfortableenjoyed my staysouth congressconferencecomputershighwayuberstarbucks
Reviewed July 18, 2011

A group of us stayed there this past weekend for a little getaway from Dallas. Upon arrival, you can tell the property was old and had been rebranded into the Wyndham family with some renovations. As soon as you walk in, you know you are in Austin as the lobby is decorated with pictures of Willie Nelson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, local musicians, and autographed guitars. Check-in was efficient and friendly. We stayed on the 5th floor and my only real negative impressions were the 7 foot ceilings which are a common site in older hotels. This probably only bugs me because I am 6'5" and had to duck as I passed under flood lights. The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. We had upgraded to an Executive suite, which we thought would be nicer with a sitting area but instead offered about a 20 foot long granite counter top that doubled as a workstation/desk. So if you are a business traveler who needs a lot of desk space to burn the midnight oil, this room is for you. The bathroom was nice with a walk in shower and 7 foot showerhead which is greatly appreciated by myself. We spent time in the pool which had towels but the deck furniture was old and weathered. We did not eat at the hotel but I did enjoy their coffee shop on Sunday morning which serves Starbucks. Speaking of Sunday morning, there are several churches that rent out the conference rooms and hold service. Some were rocking pretty good but could only be heard once you were on the ground floor. Overall impression was pretty good and the 3 mile trip to 6th St. only ran us $11 in cabs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your great review of the Wyndham Garden Austin and our AMP Austin Music Project in the lobby. We wanted our decor to reflect Austin and all the musicians that made our city the Live Music Capital of the World. Every year we add new members and I look foward to seeing the newest pictures soon of new inductees. I'm happy you enjoyed your visit you ERL, our coffee shop at the hotel. I hope you'll visit ERL and the rest of us here at the Wyndham Garden Austin again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Although the property is old, our room had apparently been redone fairly recently, with a granite (or faux granite) countertop extending down the length of the room rather than having separate furniture. The bathroom also had a long granite counter, making it easy to spread out hygiene and hair care products.

The lights by the bed were first-rate - dimmable spotlights that allowed one person to read while the other had relative darkness to sleep. Bedding was excellent.

A strange feature was the need to stick a card in a slot in order to work the thermostat. Once done, no problems.

Staff was very friendly and helpful!

Overall, a pleasant stay at a good but not elite property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about the Wyndham Garden Austin. I appreciate your comments regarding our bed side lamps as well as the bedding. I hope your next visit is soon and even more enjoyable.
Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Very comfortable. Everyone greeted me as I passed through the hotel. I really took notice of the friendly staff. This was on the evening of June 30 around 9pm. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments about the friendly greetings you received from our staff at the Wyndham Garden Austin. It means a lot to us that you took time to leave this lovely review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

The staff at the front desk were so helpful. The young man that checked us in even wrote out directions for my wife and son to find the Children's Museum.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the helpful service you received at the front desk. I am copying my desk staff on this review so they can all see the lovely review you left them. The front desk and I all look forward to your next visit to the Wyndham Garden Austin.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Perhaps the friendliest and helpful staff I have ever encountered. Special thanks to Matt and Liz, great job .
Thanks

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I can't tell you how important it is for our employees to get personalized feedback. I shared your comments with the two employees you mention in your review and with the rest of the staff. We work very hard here to provide you with a great experience and it makes my day that you took time to leave Matt and Liz and the rest of us this excellent review. I look forward to your next visit.