“Beautiful property with Texas flavor.”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #55 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Lexington, Kentucky
“Beautiful property with Texas flavor.”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed here for two nights, and while it wasn't the most convenient location, being a longish bus ride from downtown, the hotel itself was wonderful. The lobby and guestroom were modern, immaculate, and comfortable. An added feature is the collection of photographs of Austin musicians that lines the walls of the first-floor hallways, lobby, and dining room, one of the things that gives this hotel a nice local flavor. You can snag a late-night snack at the front desk, or eat in the in-house dining room. The breakfast buffet (not included in the room price) was very good. Despite the distance from downtown, I would enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you so much for your excellent and detailed review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit with us. We can't wait to see you again.
Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Goddess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My stay was very great. The Hotel was very nice and clean. The thing that made the hotel exceptional was the staff. Everyone from the maintenance staff to the front desk was incredible. They all asked and were genuinely interested in my stay and accomodations. Chase, at the front desk, was super friendly and fun. Miki, in the bar, was so helpful in pointing out the local places to eat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave these wonderful comments about Chase and Miki. We consider ourselves lucky to have such exceptional employees working with our team. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Wyndham Garden Austin. I am making a copy of your comments to share with the employees you mentioned. I'm sure your kind words will make their day! We look forward to seeing you again.
Roanoke
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was here for a week and was so impressed with the friendlness of the staff, from the front desk, to the restaurtant staff, to housekeeping. Makes a trip so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your lovely words regarding our front desk, restaurant, and housekeeping staff. We work hard here to make sure our employees and guests alike have a great experience. It is such a joy for us to hear about your visit. I can't wait to share your comments with the staff at our next meeting. I look forward to seeing you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend and was expecting a much better experience based on previous reviews. First the average the lobby was decent, front desk staff were OK and pool area was average. The bad was the room had a damp musty smell upon entering, the thermostat did not work at all, either the room was to cold or too warm which made for a sleepless night. This property is way overpriced and would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2011

When pulling up I hoped for the best. I read reviews before booking and was expecting a 'close to 4*' atmosphere. Not even close. The carpets looked old and were slightly musty. I got the 'Executive' King but I'm not sure what benefit this was as the room was very unimpressive. It was too narrow although it was deep. The standing shower was adequate. The whole idea about being 'green' is great, but it was quite uncomfortably hot since the air condition ran about 5-6 minutes then would turn off for 55 minutes not allowing you to alter the temp at all. Texas heat @ night is nothing to mess with. There was a single (very thin) pull-down style blind over the window that allowed for excellent listening of the highway next door when trying to sleep :|

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Dear guest. Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take every review seriously and use each as a training tool to improve services. We are aware of the carpet issue and are working hard to deep clean each individual room carpet as well as the hallway carpeting. We do have energy efficient air conditioning that requires key activation once inside the room. Unless your key is placed inside the activation slot and the digital thermostat is set correctly, the ac will stay at an energy saver setting of 76 degrees. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the hotel directly and again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. Your comments are extremely important to us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was recently at the Wyndham Garden Hotel for a business meeting (not a hotel guest) and had my 4 month old daughter with me. During the meeting she became fussy and I asked the desk attendant if there were any empty conference rooms where I could breastfeed the baby. Cassandra (the hotel attendant) offered to give me use of one of the hotel rooms to attend to the baby's needs! I am so impressed by the grattitude of Cassandra and all of the hotel staff that I will choose Wyndham on my next vacation. Thank you Cassandra!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I remember this instance and we always do our best to accommodate the needs of our meeting space attendees and all guests. I appreciate your taking the time to fill out this wonderful review for us. We look forward to seeing you again. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager
Warren, MI
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed at this Wyndham about a week ago and judging from the multitude of over the top reviews i was fully expecting a dropping experience upon arrival. Unfortunately while the hotel wasn't horrible it sure didn't have the "wow" factor you'd expect from such reviews.

Upon arrival the lobby area was nice and attractive. The front desk attendants were neither friendly nor rude. I was given my room and sent on my way. The hallways were rather tired with aging carpeting and sporting some stains that were crying out for a rug doctor.

The room was somewhat clean. The bed featured a comfortable mattress along with high quality sheets and bedding. The tv was rather old and a flat screen would have definitely been appreciated. I did make the mistake of dropping the remote control and seeing the inch tall mountain of dust staring back at me when i looked under the bed.

The bathroom was ok with a comfortable shower with good water pressure and a steady stream of hot water available.

Restaurant service is best described as snails-pace. If you're in anything even remotely resembling a hurry i'd have to say go elsewhere. The food quality wasn't bad.

I too experienced room service trays left for over a day in the hallways. I got so sick of looking at my neighbors decaying breakfast from the day before i took the try back down to the restaurant myself. The hotel appeared to be understaffed in many areas in my opinion.

The high speed internet was indeed high speed and proved reliable during my stay.

I'm only stating my opinion here but I find it hard to believe that SO many people were just blown away by this property that they've chosen to write a 5-star review and then never post another review...ever (hmmm).

If anyone is really unbelievably impressed with this hotel i can off the top of my head think of 100 properties that would probably have these one review guests doing cartwheels all the way down the hall.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo