“PERFECT STAY!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #104 of 203 Hotels in Austin
New York City, New York
“PERFECT STAY!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for about a month, and it was like a home away from home. The hotel itself, is beautifully decorated, clean, and easy to navigate. My room was spotless, the bed was so comfortable, and the flat screen was a major plus.

The best thing about this stay was the customer service, and because everyone I encountered gave me superb service, I remembered their names.

Rachel- Went above and beyond to help me with me, with an issue I was having with, related to work. We ended up having a conversation about the spurs. She is such a delight.

Kassie- one word. Altruistic. Helped me with everything! She knew a lot about restaurants nearby and sent me to an amazing place called Gourdoughs. Scrumptious. Thanks Kassie!

Ashlee- genuine personality. Any question I had, she was there with a perfect solution all with a smile.

Danielle- Helped me a lot through my stay, from copies to another room key. Nothing was redundant to her, and she gave great customer service with a Smile.

Noelle- what a sweetheart! This girl was MADE for customer service!!!!!

Sean- I wanted to venture out to the "drag" by the UT campus and he told me ALL of the hotspots!! What great service!

Stella- Awesome customer service! We spoke about Rainey street, and she told me some great places to go.

Fred- great attitude, and seems like he enjoys his job! Very hard to come by!

The drivers I encountered were so knowledgable as well. James, Schonoch, Frank, and Richard always took me to where I needed to go and I always had great conversations with them!

Samantha and Stefanie in room service really were so accommodating as well.

Amy Joe, Santiago, and Troy in the bar (where I frequented often... :) ) became what it seemed like to be friends. Amy Joe was the sweetest, because she shares my love for the cowboys. :)

I also encountered Gayle, who I assumed was in housekeeping who was the sweetest little woman ever.

Lastly Steve, he is the gem of this whole place. He was one of the nicest people I've met in life, let alone In a hotel. If everything was terrible with my stay, I would still have gone back just for Steve.

What can I say? I love this hotel, and its employees. Thanks so much for such a great stay. Ill be seeing you in December!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review and for your kind word to our staff. We’re going to post a copy in the employee break area.

It truly is our associates that make this a great hotel to stay at and work in and we’re glad you took the time to mention each by name. We hope you come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Lexington, Ky.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for a business training session for one week. The hotel had a buffet lunch each day during our training session for purchase. We did get out around town by walking short distance in the early evening. Using the Holiday Inn shuttle and my high school girlfriend who lives in Austin. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful in the restraunt and at the front desk. Our stay was over 7 days, Sunday through Saturday. On three occassions my room was made up by 12:00 noon, another day by the time our day session was over about 4:30 PM. On Friday our sessions were over by 12:00 noon. Our rooms were not finished and I spent a couple hours in the lobby reading a book and relaxing to get out of the room and to allow my room to get done. I checked and it was not done in 2 hours and I asked the housekeeper, who was across the hall, if she had gotten my room done. I checked my room and found it still was not done and I returned to the lobby for one more hour. I returned to a made up room with no bathmat. The other business travelor, who was in the next room, found his room still not done. We left for dinner at 5:30 PM and the housekeeper was finally at the end of our side of the hall. She had done his room by the time we returned at 7:30 PM. I still had no bath mat so I used an extra towel in the morning which was not a problem. Over all a good place to stay but needs to work on the management of their housekeepers.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the lake side of the hotel if you do not like traffic noise at night. Pool is on th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments and observations. It sounds as if you had a fine stay with the exception of some housekeeping errors. Let me apologies for the inconvenience and be assure that we will discuss it at our daily meeting.

As in most hotels, depending on the occupancy, housekeepers are responsible for between 16 and 18 rooms per shift. It seems like your room was done toward the end of the shift but at the first on several days. You were here long enough to see the ebb and flow of a typical hospitality operation. It varies from day to day.

We hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Holiday Inn is the best one I've stayed at in my 30 years of business travel. It's obvious that the GM and his entire staff are committed to providing the best service possible. The lunch buffets are excellent and affordable, beautiful views of Lady Bird Lake, on site water sports activities (sailboats, kayaks, canoes, sup's, bikes), across the street from the hike and bike trail, beautiful new carpeting through out the hotel, rooms are comfortable, clean and reasonably priced for being located in downtown Austin. Highly recommended for business and/group functions as they have beautiful conference rooms overlooking the lake combined with fantastic catering services to accommodate small or large groups. Rachael at the front desk and Victor and Alia in the restaurant have made all of my time spent at the hotel make me feel like I was family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the awesome review. You hit all the high points and we’re glad you noticed some of the unique and outstanding amenities we offer that you just won’t find elsewhere.

We strive to provide all our guests with a pleasant stay and hope you return soon.
Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you don't set your expectations at five stars, this is a great place to stay downtown. The hotel is older, which is obvious when you enter from the old carpets, old a/c, lack of outlets, older smell, etc. All that being said, my room was very clean for my stay and there is new bedding. It's really about the fact that you are right on Townlake next to downtown for a reasonable price. It's not as nice/luxurious as the newer downtown hotels, but it's cheaper and has free wifi and free parking, which would set you back another $40 at the nearby Hilton.

Room Tip: There are two towers, one is round (pie-shaped rooms), one is a normal rectangle tower. I think the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank echo5433
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks for noticeing the additional complimentary amenities offered at out property. We are indeed an excellent value in the downtown area plus providing our guests with easy access to the Hike and Bike trail.

You may have notices the containers in the parking lot. They contain new carpeting and we’re currently installing “Orbs” that have additional outlets and USB charging ports. Guests like you have told us where we need improvement and we appreciate the input.

Thanks for the comment and come back soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was greeted by an extremely friendly staff, that was very eager to make sure that I felt welcome. My room was in the circular tower, and as such was in the shape of a pie slice. This meant that the bathroom was quite small and awkward. Other than that the room was OK -- not a place where you would want to spend a great deal of time, but fine to get a nights sleep.

The pool deck is quite nice (although a little tired) and has a great view.

The hotel sits right on the River/Lake so you are close to the running paths.

If you are looking for a place near downtown that is clean, relatively comfortable and a decent value, it will work. If you are looking for something more, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our location, amenities and particularly our staff. It’s our goal to provide each and every guest with the same outstanding service you experienced.

Come back and see us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

While planning a trip to Austin, I wanted to use my priority points, so searched the affiiated hotels. When I contacted them to book, there were no lakeside rooms available, so I booked the best available. When checking in, I asked if a lakeside room was available and was told that they had already upgraded me based on my request, and we were given an excellent room on the top floor with a beautiful view of the lake. Everyone I came in contact with at this hotel, from the reception desk to the restaurant personnel, bartenders and floor staff were wonderful. We got great recommendations on local restaurants off the beaten path and were not dissapointed.

Yes, the hotel is a bit older, but they have done excellent job of keeping it very clean, fresh smelling and updated where possible. I will definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises. Personal attention to detail, cleanliness and a caring staff rate much higher on my list than the latest trendy hotels where you are herded through without a second thought. Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: The lakeside view is really nice. I cannot speak to the cityview side, but reviews here have stated...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We’re elated that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to honor your requests. Genuine hospitality is our goal from interview to orientation and beyond. Our staff is truly one of our greatest assets.

Thanks for the wonderful review and do come back and see us again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We launched a summer sailing camp this year and ate at the Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake restaurant every day for the past 12 weeks. We had over 10 kids each day at our table and never once were we disappointed. The service we from our wait staff Victor and Alea was friendly, fast, and professional each and every day. Thanks Victor and Lea!

Also, you would think that eating at the same restaurant for 12 weeks would get old, but it never did. The food was always fresh and delicious and we never once thought of going somewhere else.

Thanks Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake for making our lunches so awesome! PS - look at the picture below of how awesome the desserts were too!

Austin Sailboat Rentals - Ginny and Jim

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake give you a great view of the sailboats out back that you can rent at the Holid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks guys and from all of us, we enjoyed the camp kids throughout the summer.

Austin Sailboat Rental offers our guests a unique amenity and the bikes and paddleboards are great as well. Let’s do it again next summer.