“"Very comfortable stay"”

Ranked #113 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Dublin, California
“"Very comfortable stay"”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here for the IT Expo, and I want to say that the staff was very accomodating. Check-in was fast and easy, when I called the hotel from the airport, they picked me up within 10 minutes, which I appreciated. They also offered free shuttle service to the IT Expo which was also a nice touch. The hotel could use a little updating i.e. elevators and hallway carpets but the room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept very well. I didn't hear all of the traffic that the other reviewers talked about and I stayed on the freeway side of the hotel. I plan on returning to Austin next Spring and I will definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 10th floor or higher if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leslie2012
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. Yes, some folks are more sensitive to background noise than others but we do aim to please all our guests.

The shuttle is one of our most popular features and is a rarity in and near the downtown area. I’m glad you took advantage of it. We’ll look forward to hosting you again this spring.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Mt. Pleasant
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently named my own price on Priceline and stayed at The Holiday Inn, Town Lake. It is rated a 3-star. I would rate it a 2-star, at best. My room was on the front and I thought I was sleeping in the middle of I35. Floor space in the bathroom was 2 x10 which included the toilet. The sink area was 3 x4 which included the sink and counter (it did have granite!). The carpet was torn. Many chairs around the pool were torn. The one washing machine in hotel was broken. I will say the staff was very nice. Bottom line, I would not rate the Holiday Inn Town Lake Austin a 3-star hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara K
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Although your stay was certainly not up to your expectations, we’re glad our staff made you feel welcome with their hospitality. Although I believe your dimensions are a little off, the vanity area is tight. Unfortunately, two things we can’t change is our location and how we are built. For highway noise, we added double paned glass in 2008 and are now considering other alternatives since these comments seem to be on the rise.

You may consider joining Priority Club since all members receive an upgrade and a welcome amenity. I hope you will give us another shot the next time you’re headed to Austin.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Mohegan Lake, NY
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel was very clean and renovated. The service was excellent. They gave us a room overlooking ladybird lake and we saw the space shuttle fly over. The buffet was very good. Fresh fruit, greatest cream of wheat ever. The coffee was great and so was the orange juice. It was a pleasure The free shuttle to the airport was very convenient.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake is the best!!!! Beautiful sunrise and sunsets and nice to see the boats and sw...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review and a great one at that. We’re glad you got to see a couple of Shuttles during your stay. That was quite a sight. Thanks too for your kind words about our staff and food. We strive to extend great hospitality to each and every guest. Come back soon.
DFW
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel was booked through my company so I didn't have any say in where I stayed in Austin. Once I realized where it was, I requested a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the highway. The road noise was still loud and clear. The hotel itself is fine, but they really need to consider figuring out a way of upgrading their soundproofing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear DFWMongoose,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I apologize for the inconvenience the noise may have caused you.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Debbie and Cassie. They made things very easy for me since I was traveling with kids. The hotel was very easy to access and had a beautiful view. My husband had things to do downtown and it was an easy walk for him so he could leave the car for me and the kids.

Room Tip: We had a lake view room and it was beautiful. It was in the tower that had the parking garage so it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thanks for the great review. We’re so glad you and your children enjoyed your stay. I hope you were able to enjoy the surrounding area with a walk along the river. In fact there is a playscape just east of the hotel.

Debbie and Cassie are prime representatives of our spirit of hospitality. We do our best to instill this in all of our employees. Thanks again and come back soon.
Comanche, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn at Town Lake for a convention. I ate all my meals at the hotel restaurant very easy and quick. The food was wonderful!! I rode the shuttle and left my car in hotel parking. They were on time when I needed to be picked up at the convention. My last day could the shuttle could not pick me up due to being in another area. The excellent staff at the hotel made arrangements for a taxi service to pick me at convention. While in the taxi, I lost my cell phone with quick thinking from three employees Stella, Ashley and Jesse they called the cab driver and I got my phone back in less than ten minutes. The rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Very Clean, Excellent Beds, and Great Staff!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We’re very popular with convention goers since we’re just a mile from the Austin Convention Center yet we’re a good value and offer free airport transfers, parking and Wifi. I’m glad you enjoyed just about all we have to offer. We strive to WOW every guest and challenge our staff to go above and beyond. I’m so happy the our Front Desk Crew was able to act to get your phone back. They are the best.
Kingwood, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I use this hotel three to four times a year for business. While the accomodations are dated, the rooms are clean and the staff goes above and beyond for every customer. Jesse at the front desk is always ready with a smile and works hard to give you the good customer service a hotel should offer. I stay for the staff and enjoy the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nice to hear from you. We treasure our “Regulars” and hope to be your hotel of choice every time you make your way to Austin. Again, Jesse leads the way for front of the house hospitality. The location is great isn’t it. Most of our guests appreciate the convenient access to I-35 and Lady Bird Lake’s hike and bike trail. We’ll be ready for you next time.