Star of Texas Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
$289
$263
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$133
The Driskill(Austin)
$241
$219
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewswest campusfresh baked cookiesclawfoot tubprivate bathroomyogurtbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfastuniversity arearomantic weekendtwo night staywould definitely stay here againstayed for nightswalking distancerooms are spacioushome away from homeenjoyed my stayconvenient location
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed three nights in this B&B just a few days before Christmas 08. The room was cute, but a little chilly and on the small side. The bathroom was nice and clean. We had a separate entrance which was great since we had a ton of luggage. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast each morning. The cookies in the entrance were great!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. It is extremely close to the UT campus, and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops so this was a definite plus. When I entered the house initially I really loved it, seeing as to how I am into the whole old, historic, victorian mansion thing, and the downstairs was just beautiful! The woman that checked me in was very friendly and quickly notified me of all of the amenities and made me feel right at home. I stayed in room #10 which is actually separate from the house, and I immediately loved the room. It had a cute little bathroom and the old furniture was quaint, I definitly felt comfortable. The pictures on the staroftexasinn.com don't do all of it justice. Everything was great until the night time, when I went to walk in the bathroom and there was the grandfather of all cockroaches that had crawled up through the drain in the shower. What they say is true, everything is bigger in Texas including the bugs. There were also quite a few ants in the bathroom, and there was a black widow under the pedestal sink when I woke up in the morning. All in all it wasnt terrible, and if I were to stay there again I would definitly stay in the main house on the top floor to avoid any further pest problems. Otherwise if youre into historical, quaint, comfortable bed and breakfast atmospheres then try it out! The house doesnt smell musty, and though I left too early for breakfast, whatever the man was making smelled AMAZING.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2008

This B & B is located in a big old house near the UT campus. Its managers are friendly and approachable, and it has a very homey feel. It is a bit run down, and it is noisy. The food and service are also not all that great. But if you need place to stay near campus and don't mind unkempt accommodations, this may be the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank EdmundWhite
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Star of Texas over New Year's. When we first arrived, tired from a long car ride, there was home-made peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies in the front hall and white wine in the guest refrigerator, and we felt instantly relaxed.
Our room, #19, was a pretty green room with a king-sized bed on the 1st floor. It's next to the kitchen, which might be a problem in the morning for people who want to sleep in, but we always wanted to be up for breakfast (a spread of delicious vegetarian frittatas, fruit, sweet cakes, cereal, bacon, coffee, tea, oj). The room was much, much better looking than the website implies- it definitely had character, and we were very very glad that we were staying there and not at a corporate hotel.
The caretakers are only at the inn in person in the morning, but always available by phone. They were friendly and gave great recommendations about things to do and see in Austin.
The Inn is in walking distance of the university and Guadalupe Street, and only a $7 cab ride from 6th Street or the Warehouse district. We loved it, and would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 18, 2005

I may have been the first customer when the Star of Texas opened in February, 2004. Previously, I was a guest at the other property owned by Chris and Sylvia. Chris and Sylvia have become like family. Their inns have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on, including my own home. And breakfast! Oh my gosh....it cannot be beat. The best in the world. My UT student always comes to join me for my stay and never, ever misses breakfast. It is within walking distance of every place on campus. To add to my stay, which is long sometimes, there is wine in the frig to be enjoyed on a beautiful porch. In the afternoon, there are always fresh baked cookies. The Star of Texas Inn and The Austin Folk House are the two most wonderful B&B's I stay in anywhere in the United States. Love this place!

4  Thank Judy_Houston_Texas