“Authentic Austin”

The Frank Erwin Center
Ranked #84 of 327 things to do in Austin
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The venue sends out 'agendas' with estimated times for when the opening band/act would go on and when to expect the headlining band onstage time, I love that! Lots of wine/beer sellers, and relaxed staff.

There are newer reviews for The Frank Erwin Center

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Husband and I have gone to many concerts and events here. Parking is fairly easy to find. Not long of a walk. Sometimes the upper section can feel a little to steep,. Not sure how drunk people make it down the stairs.

2  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Attended the Paul McCartney concert last week at the Frank Erwin Center. It was alot of fun because my daughter and I attended and we are both big Beatles and Wings fans! Paul was great as usual and performed 3 hours of wonderful songs to the sold-out crowd! It was also special for me because I attended many concerts at the Erwin Center in the 1980's when I was a student at UT Austin! It is a great venue to see shows -- our seats were excellent and a good time was had by all!

1  Thank John P
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Parking is a bit of a bear, especially for out of towners, but survived it. Had to park in a cash pay parking and walk through a park, not being sure of exactly where one was going.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I also attended a concert here (Rush, 23 APR) and had "seats" on the floor. I thought the chairs were comfortable, although I never sat down during the concert. I thought the accoustics were just fine, although I can see how others might have issues. It is a small venue and not a bad place to even watch a basketball game.