“As good as the first time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Austin/Airport South

Super 8 Austin/Airport South
Ranked #71 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Patty1234
“As good as the first time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

This hotel is now my favorite in Austin. If I can give it 6 stars, I will.
The staff were polite and helpful. The room was clean and well equipped. I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Waco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

This is one of the nicest places I've stayed. Upon my arrival we received a goody bag with a bottle of water, cookies, candy and a bag of potato chips. The bed had four types of pillows. The room had a microwave and frig. Great bathroom. Everything very clean and new looking. They offered a free dessert bar from 6pm to 9pm. Good free breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. Free wi-fi.

I usually stay at the Hilton at the airport, but no more. This Super 8 offers more at a smaller price and the amenities are superior to the Hilton.

Tim Coppage

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tcop
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

I've stayed there 3 times the past couple of years. The property is very clean and well kept from the rooms to parking lot. Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy to get to from the airport and they offer free airport shuttle.

1 Thank timid8or
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

Very clean place to stay. 100% smoke free Hotel really works for me. I was very happy to stay in Longhorn Suite. They had variety of suites to pick from. I was very happy with the airport shuttle service as well. Overall very satisfied and I would recommend the place to everyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway-just one night, unfortunately!
Everything met or exceeded my expectations. I was amazed at the number of extra touches that went above and beyond the usual. There is even a sauna in the fitness room.

We arrived rather early, around 2:30, and were told that the room was not quite ready. They let us go ahead and check in and gave us our keys, and asked us to wait about 10 minute for the room to be cleaned. We decided to spend the time trying out the massage chair in the lobby. By the time we had both gotten a massage and relaxed from the drive to Austin, the room was ready. We had the Asian suite and I loved the swing in the room. I have never even heard of such a thing in a hotel room, but I found it very relaxing. The bed was VERY comfortable and I was reluctant to leave it in the morning. There was a 52" TV in the room with a DVD player, and there are DVDs available at the front desk (you get a free movie rental with the room rate) or, of course, you could bring your own. The entire place-room, bathroom, lobby, and breakfast area-was very clean and nice.

The free breakfast was much better than at most places, as it included bacon and sausage biscuits. They did run out of the bacon and biscuits while I was eating there, as a number of guests came into the breakfast room right after me, but the supplies were quickly replenished. The person who complained about the food items running out should probably just have asked someone to refill them. We found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. The service is probably helped by the fact that this is a rather small hotel--only 39 guest rooms-so that you don't feel that you will be lost among the shuffle of hundreds of other guests. We returned to the hotel too late the evening before to try out the dessert bar, but I expect it was as good as the rest of this hotel. We will definitely be back!

Note: The reviewers who keep commenting on how it is so much better than they expected from a Super 8 must not stay at many Super 8's, as I have consistently found them to be high quality.

1 Thank GulfCoastGirl517
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Wow! I never would have guessed the best place I have ever stayed so far would be a Super 8. We were on a weekend getaway trip. I was impressed from the beginning when I received a free goodie bag when we checked in, with some little chocolate bars, a bottle of water, and some chips. Can you think of any time you stayed at a motel or hotel and received some good free stuff!? We all know we usually have to be careful not to eat whatever food is provided in the regular places because we will Definitely be charged extra later! lol
Our room was great, with a nice good sized fridge, HUGE TV, dvd player, and even a microwave! Can you believe that? And this was just the regular king bed room. There was a notebook with all the information you might want to know, including all the restaurants in the area with a map,(which came in handy). Every evening there is free cake and cookies in the lobby. The free breakfast the next morning was a nice surprise, it was the best I have ever seen. People where making fresh waffles even. Check it out, you'll be glad you did!

1 Thank Sotol
gtowngina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

Clean, comfortable, hip, and the most comfortable mattress!