“Great Stay”

Super 8 Austin/Airport South
Ranked #71 of 202 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Central USA
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a nice, clean efficient hotel not far from the Austin Airport. It is easily accessed from the Highway after you exit west from Bergstrom International. I found the check in to be easy and my reservation was just as it was supposed to be as I reserved it online. Be aware however that the hotel is run by people from another country. They were very nice and pleasant but I noticed that there is a lot of decor from I* in the lobby and in the hallways. Sometimes people prefer hotels that are not managed by foreigners. Just saying!

We had a Jr. Suite that was really clean, spacious and the king sized bed with real clean linens and the bathroom with lots of clean towels and amenities. The carpet was clean, it included an iron. The room also had a mini fridge, small safe and snacks. This was the Jr. Suite so I don't know what the other rooms are like

The free breakfast was good with waffles, eggs, biscuits and some fruit. Also with juice, coffee, and a Starbucks machine which I had not seen before. I thought adequate for what we paid for the room. The breakfast area is not very large so FYI.

I would stay again if needing to be near the airport otherwise I would go closer into town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasRR
Super8Austin, Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate you staying with us. Please stay with us again when you are in Austin again.

Sam Kumar
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

This place really surpised me.
Good parking spaces. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast and coffee.
Clean enough rooms, tv, microwave, mini fridge, small safe box in the bedroom and easy to get to/from.
The people staying there were also a plus. Mostly families. Nice conversations during breakfast (with a starbucks coffee machine and a waffle iron!)

Sacramento
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here late August. Dominga and Vikram were very friendly, informative and helpful, but there’s another female at the front desk who acts like she does not like her job and needs an attitude adjustment.

The room was good size and pretty quiet. There’s a flat screen, cable with HBO and Showtime channels. There’s also free WiFi, a mini refrig and a micorwave. Down stairs there’s also a computer and printer for your use. Coffee available in the lobby and cookies in the late after noon. The hotel also provides a nice touch with a snack basket (pretzels, peanut butter cookies and candy) and a bottle of water in your room upon arrival.

There’s a small exercise room with a bike, tread machine, and an elliptical machine with a flat screen and overhead fan in the room .
Breakfast consisted of make your own waffles, bananas, cereal, yogurt, mini sauage patty in a bun and rotating scrambled eggs and bacon then biscuts and gravey. There’s also a Starbuck’s cappacino / coffee machine in the breakfast room and juices and milk. Breakfast was just ok, at least there were hot items daily. Dominga worked hard to keep everything stocked. The other female seemed like she didn’t want to keep the food stocked. And that does seem like a problem there, the front desk person stocks the breakfast items instead of having another person designated to do this.

Shuttle to/from airport only available in the morning to noon per Ms Unfriendly. This will be an important thing to verify with them if you need a ride in the afternoon.
An unsettling thing was the first night there, I open up the bed around 11 pm and there’s red nail polish on the sheet. It seemed like the maid had to see this when she made the bed, and we were concerned. The next day our sheets were changed to clean ones.

Price is very reasonable but I’ll check around next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RamboSacto
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I chose this hotel because of reviews by other people on trip advisor. The hotel completely lives up to all expectations. The rooms are clean well equipped and comfortable. You will not find a better value for the money anywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I came in on a Saturday, which also happened to be a UT game day, and they had a room available, which is rare in Austin. I got one of the King Suites(room 306), and it was fantastic. Full cable, a laptop with full internet access in the room available, and a sauna. And it was at a very reasonable price. I travel a lot for work, and would say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, for that price. Someone else said 4 star luxury at 2 star price, and they were dead on. And I didnt even take full advantage of all they had to offer! DVD's, Wii games, etc. Highly reccomend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wdd1982
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have returned to this hotel a couple of different times since staying here in March 2012. I have always stayed in the deluxe king whirlpool suite, which I enjoyed. I value an empty refrigerator that I can put my food and drink. I also liked that there was a microwave oven in the room, a coffee maker in the bathroom, a warm and relaxing whirlpool bath. The next day I had slept in past the usual housekeeping time and did not leave the room until maybe 2:30 pm, and housekeeping still cleaned the room, unlike some other hotels, if you sleep in, you miss housekeeping. I can only assume that they keep track and check the rooms again later in the afternoon indication of the high level of cleanliness of the hotel. Wi-Fi and Plug-In in the room, but since I did not have a computer I used their business center computer for internet access to get the directions to the places I wanted to go in Austin. The breakfast had some choices including biscuits and gravy, sausage and biscuit, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices etc. This location on Highway 71 has good access to Downtown Austin by car.

Room Tip: Get the one with the whirlpool bath; it is worth it.