“Always a good time!”

Ranked #35 of 327 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are one of the best live music venues here in Austin, TX, providing the Austin community with a plethora of eclectic musicians from all over the world.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The venue is great. We have been there three times and sat in three different areas - and enjoyed each one. Get on their email list so you can get tickets in advance for artists you enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Austin City Limits Live

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My first time at the new theater and all I can say is WOW! The show was great, the sound and lighting wonderful and just an over all fun night. Will definitely go back!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

1st ACL experience. Bands were great. Crowd was a bit much. Very hard to get around. Felt like cattle being hearded. Bathrooms all ran out of toliet paper. Bring rain boots with you. We went and bought some after the rain on Saturday. Muddy mess Sunday.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I visited Austin City Limits with friends this year. The music festival is well organized safe and is centrally located in Austin's Zilker Park.

The stages are well set up. The food is (without a doubt) better than any music venue I've ever attended. We purchased VIP tickets which gave us access to a private area as well as free food and drinks. I will, however, tell you that the food outside of the VIP tent was excellent and affordable.

The bands were primarily for young people. I loved seeing Neil Young and Steve Earle, but most of the other bands were for a generation younger than my wife and me.

2  Thank adamlipson
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had been wanting to attend ACL for years, and this year I finally got my change. It was a completely unforgettable and incredible experience that I loved every minute of. The crowd was generally friendly and there were plenty of great bands to watch. The food choices were fantastic- the variety was great, there was so much I wanted to try. Obviously this music festival is incredibly crowded, but it's fairly easy to get from stage to stage and the crowd never gets out of control. The only downside is the bathrooms-who likes using port-a-potties?! This is just part of the festival experience, but I definitely think I'll go VIP or Platinum next year to use the air-conditioned restrooms. The biggest downside wasn't getting to the festival, as we were able to take a taxi and get there way before the gates opened when hardly anyone was there-it was the getting home part that was a nightmare. There are several different methods of transportation but we decided to wait in the extremely long line after the festival that evening to grab a ride home. We waited in line for about an hour and a half before we finally were to the front of the line. Despite the setbacks I had at the festival this year, I think I'll be coming back every year from now on. Absolutely love Austin, TX.