“A Lot of Fun - Mostly for Young People” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 314 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are one of the best live music venues here in Austin, TX, providing the Austin community with a plethora of eclectic musicians from all over the world.
Nyack, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“A Lot of Fun - Mostly for Young People”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I visited Austin City Limits with friends this year. The music festival is well organized safe and is centrally located in Austin's Zilker Park.

The stages are well set up. The food is (without a doubt) better than any music venue I've ever attended. We purchased VIP tickets which gave us access to a private area as well as free food and drinks. I will, however, tell you that the food outside of the VIP tent was excellent and affordable.

The bands were primarily for young people. I loved seeing Neil Young and Steve Earle, but most of the other bands were for a generation younger than my wife and me.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank adamlipson

Houston, Texas
“Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had been wanting to attend ACL for years, and this year I finally got my change. It was a completely unforgettable and incredible experience that I loved every minute of. The crowd was generally friendly and there were plenty of great bands to watch. The food choices were fantastic- the variety was great, there was so much I wanted to try. Obviously this music festival is incredibly crowded, but it's fairly easy to get from stage to stage and the crowd never gets out of control. The only downside is the bathrooms-who likes using port-a-potties?! This is just part of the festival experience, but I definitely think I'll go VIP or Platinum next year to use the air-conditioned restrooms. The biggest downside wasn't getting to the festival, as we were able to take a taxi and get there way before the gates opened when hardly anyone was there-it was the getting home part that was a nightmare. There are several different methods of transportation but we decided to wait in the extremely long line after the festival that evening to grab a ride home. We waited in line for about an hour and a half before we finally were to the front of the line. Despite the setbacks I had at the festival this year, I think I'll be coming back every year from now on. Absolutely love Austin, TX.

Visited October 2012
college station, tx
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best bang for your buck in the Live Music Capitol of the World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wow! This is the mother of all "intimate gathering" venues! Seating maxes out at about 2700. The worst seat in the house is only 75 feet from the stage. The Moody Theater is what it is called, named after the family foundation that built it. I can only assume it is the same folks that built the beautiful Moody Gardens in Galveston, Tx. The entertainment choices are A-listers at more than fair prices. There are wonderful top of the line refreshment choices throughout and a very helpful staff to answer your every question or point out the nearest restrooms. Don't miss making this gem a part of your next trip to Austin, Tx! Check out www.acl-live.com for upcoming shows and subscribe to e-mail updates so as not to miss your favoeite band when they sneak in there!

South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Steve Miller at the Moody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

While visiting our daughter in Austin, we went to see the Steve Miller Band at the Moody last night. Our seats were great, on the 4th row center stage!!!!!! If you ever get the chance to see Steve Miller, GO you will not be disappointed and the Moody ACLU is a great venue.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ACL at the Moody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This updated sound stage is amazing with truly not a bad seat in the house. Tickets can be pricey, but for your fav artist, it's a real treat. Tremendous acoustics will make this an evening you remember.

Visited July 2012