“Unforgettable Experience”

Ranked #37 of 329 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are one of the best live music venues here in Austin, TX, providing the Austin community with a plethora of eclectic musicians from all over the world.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had been wanting to attend ACL for years, and this year I finally got my change. It was a completely unforgettable and incredible experience that I loved every minute of. The crowd was generally friendly and there were plenty of great bands to watch. The food choices were fantastic- the variety was great, there was so much I wanted to try. Obviously this music festival is incredibly crowded, but it's fairly easy to get from stage to stage and the crowd never gets out of control. The only downside is the bathrooms-who likes using port-a-potties?! This is just part of the festival experience, but I definitely think I'll go VIP or Platinum next year to use the air-conditioned restrooms. The biggest downside wasn't getting to the festival, as we were able to take a taxi and get there way before the gates opened when hardly anyone was there-it was the getting home part that was a nightmare. There are several different methods of transportation but we decided to wait in the extremely long line after the festival that evening to grab a ride home. We waited in line for about an hour and a half before we finally were to the front of the line. Despite the setbacks I had at the festival this year, I think I'll be coming back every year from now on. Absolutely love Austin, TX.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wow! This is the mother of all "intimate gathering" venues! Seating maxes out at about 2700. The worst seat in the house is only 75 feet from the stage. The Moody Theater is what it is called, named after the family foundation that built it. I can only assume it is the same folks that built the beautiful Moody Gardens in Galveston, Tx. The entertainment choices are A-listers at more than fair prices. There are wonderful top of the line refreshment choices throughout and a very helpful staff to answer your every question or point out the nearest restrooms. Don't miss making this gem a part of your next trip to Austin, Tx! Check out www.acl-live.com for upcoming shows and subscribe to e-mail updates so as not to miss your favoeite band when they sneak in there!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

While visiting our daughter in Austin, we went to see the Steve Miller Band at the Moody last night. Our seats were great, on the 4th row center stage!!!!!! If you ever get the chance to see Steve Miller, GO you will not be disappointed and the Moody ACLU is a great venue.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This updated sound stage is amazing with truly not a bad seat in the house. Tickets can be pricey, but for your fav artist, it's a real treat. Tremendous acoustics will make this an evening you remember.

1  Thank Ra_2906
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This venue provides an intimate experience for artists and audience alike. If you have difficulty with stairs there is a well hidden elevator that will take you to the upper seats. Don't worry about downtown parking. City Hall parking is across 2nd street and Amli has a parking garage across from the W. There are lots of places to grab a quick bite before the show but only libations at the venue.

2  Thank Leslie M