WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Ranked #75 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Iowa Park, Texas
“Great Memorial day Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

First time visit to Austin as it was my birthday meet my brother and sister-n-laws from Corpus, did
not know anything about Austin hotels as I was looking at all of the Holiday Inns web site and this
Austin Midtown really stuck my fancy. After checking in and seeing how nice the rooms was I
made the right choice. The front desk clerks went out of their way in helping me with my requests
in regards to wanting adjoining rooms, giving directions to good places to eat in Austin, did not know how close the hotel was to downtown 6th street and the State Capital. I forgot to mention that this hotel has 9 floors with each room with a balcony one of only 7 hotels in Austin. My family
did not eat in the hotel restruant as their was a sur-charge and the food looks like the comlinary
meals you would get at other hotels. Forgot to mention the 24hr security and great rates.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view other than the back parking lot
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David U
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear David U,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and fellow travelers. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed yourself at our property and would choose us again! Indeed our staff is a big part of what makes our hotel great. Please call me directly when you're planning to visit us again and I'll do my best to get you a view of the Capital City skyline.

Happy Travels,

512-206-3059

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I live down the road from the hotel and ended up at the Holiday Inn just to either have dinner and / or drinks. Missed the dinner part but had a great time at the bar. Joshua was my server and was funny and sociable. He made sure I was never waiting on service or being ignored, and was knowledgeable about what beverages I might enjoy. There were several others at the bar also having drinks and I ended chatting to them them all. It was lots of fun and I highly recommend stopping for a drink. Next time I'll have to try the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lynn H
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Lynn H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and fellow travelers. We've undergone some extensive renovations and made some exciting changes to our restaurant and bar menus. Joshua is definitely an asset to our team and valued for his drink knowledge, exciting drink concepts, and great customer service. We'll definitely pass along your comments to him and recognize him accordingly.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My stay at this Holiday Inn left me pleasantly surprised. It seems like the whole place has had a major face lift. The rooms were super clean and the hotel looks very modern and well laid out. I actually had a big party with me so we booked 4 rooms and one was actually upgraded. The check-in process was quick and painless and the hotel was very accommodating in one of my friends check in earlier since we were a few hours behind.

The hotel offers free breakfast for most guest. This was a great offering considering the price we paid for the hotel. The breakfast had as good of a selection as any other continental breakfast I have had at a 3 or 4 star hotel. The hotel is only a short ride to downtown. We spent about 25 bucks each way with tip for a taxi van with 5 people. On our last day there, they let us check out at an hour which was great and allow plenty of time for us to crawl out of their comfy bed. If the service and atmosphere for this place stays the same, this will surely be a regular lodging solution for me when visiting Austin again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aneel A
Dear Neal A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property and happy to know hat we'll be your first lodging option when traveling to the Capital City of Texas.

Happy Travels,

Missouri City, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Overall a good hotel. Good staff and clean rooms. Food was OK. The room we had was clean but had a slight smell of cleaner. There is no smoking allowed even if your room had a small balcony. Did not visit the pool but from what could be seen, it needed cleaning.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Javier M
Javier,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown on your recent trip to Austin. We're glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay and we value your feedback.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here two weeks ago for a weekend conference. It was a wonderful experience. I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning. The beds were very comfortable with great pillows (four to choose from).

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors for good views and quietness.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PTan13
PTan13,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. We're delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again the next time you make your way down to the Capital City of Texas.

El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was staying here while I was at the Texas State Solo and Ensemble Festival so I was only here for 2 days. I drove in from El Paso and when I finally arrived it was not in the best neighborhood to say the least. It seemed to be a little bit run down, however the hotel itself was nice, it was recently renovated and the decor was nice. I was a little worried about parking my car outside in this neighborhood however the hotel had a security guard walking around at night so my mind was put at ease. The rate I got came with free breakfast which was simple yet filling. The room was extremely spacious for a Holiday Inn, and the balcony was definitely a plus. The only negative thing was on the second day i returned to the hotel at about 9pm. As i was walking in I saw 2 hookers standing outside the hotel. I didn't feel threatened but it was definitely a surprise. But about 30 mins later I walked down to get something from my car and they were gone so i figured they either got hired or they were asked to leave but like I said they weren't bothering anyone so i didn't really think much of it. Beds were comfortable and it was a generally good and comfortable experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank keebler95
Keebler95,

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed here overnight in the month of December. Here are the highlights:
1. Even though it's situated in Austin midtown, the hotel property is quite big. My room was located a fair amount of walking distance from the lift. Again, considering the location, the room size (queen bed) was great.

2. The hotel is located right off i-35, thus making it easy to get out and go anywhere. Huge advantage and time saving in case you are planning to travel somewhere and I-35 is the way to go..

3. Staff was polite, so two thumbs up there. They forgot to give me my Gold Member welcome amenity, which is no biggie.. I arrived late at night and left early in the morning, and I forgot to ask for it (though i shouldn't have to)..

4. Breakfast was not included in my rate. Call me greedy, but somehow with a hotel like Holiday Inn and also a last minute booking and the price, I somehow take it for granted that breakfast will be included. So was tad disappointed that it's not. Really helps you quickly get some food in your system and get on your way to work.

Overall, pleasant stay. Did not get a chance to use the hotel amenities like the swimming pool, gym etc. But the gym looked quite decent..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sameer A
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Sameer A,

We appreciate the candid review of our facility and service. We've made quite a few changes since you stayed with us and, if you find your way back to the Capital City of Texas, we hope you'll stay with us again! As always, thank you for your loyalty to IHG and happy travels!

512-451-5757