“Pleasant surprise”

Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Ranked #75 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I visit Austin for work every 3-4 weeks and being a Priority Club Platinum member, IHG hotels are my hotels of choice. The place that I typically stay was sold out so I stayed here and I will stay again. The rooms are dated and in need of some cosmetic maintenance. That's the downside. The upside far outweighs the downside. The rooms are large and very clean. Housekeeping pays attention to small but important details: tissues, toilet paper, soap and soap dish. The staff is amazing. I feel badly that I didn't get names (except for Joshua at the bar who was amazing. He exudes happiness and positivity). The restaurant menu , although limited, was good, both breakfast and dinner. It was basic hotel fare prepared well, sometimes all that you want when you travel a lot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AM0525
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear AM0525,

We are glad that you gave our property the opportunity to serve you for your lodging needs in Austin. Josh is indeed an asset to our team and we'll be sure to pass along your recognition. We sincerely appreciate the dinner menu feedback as we have recently changed our dinner selection as part of a new Holiday Inn pilot program. We look forward to seeing you when you return.

Robert D. Holsten II | Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Another great experience at Holiday Inn Midtown we love staying at this conveniently located hotel. The rooms have so many nice extras and a very comfortable bed. Staff is friendly and fast...plus, Bonus the breakfast buffet is outstanding!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alfred S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and fellow travelers. We're glad to know that we are on the top of your list when it comes to hotel options in Austin. Please don't hesitate to contact me whenever you'd like to make reservations. We look forward to serving you during your future stays.

Robert D. Holsten II | Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is good!! Perhaps not the best location for the Circuit if the Americas, but it does mean you miss a lot if traffic too and from the circuit. Room was excellent and bed very comfy, there is a small outdoor pool too and the staff are extremely efficient, I would stay here again. Bikinis sports bar is a mile walk and there are several other eating and drinking haunts close by. Downtown is a $20 cab ride away.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I stay here regularly. Always end up at the bar with Joshua for drinks. The housekeepers are friendly and thorough. There are usually police staying here which makes me feel a little safer. I enjoy breakfast in the restaurant but prefer dinner in the bar. There are always a unique assortment of travelers and business ppl in the lounge. Definitely recommend this beautiful hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JoshAlmighty
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The rooms were clean and very comfortable, including the size! The staff was very accomodating and professional.
The bartenders at the lounge, Henry and Joshua were excellent, talk about customer service!
I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank colgrad98
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the SXSW festival. Midtown sounds like somewhere near the city center, right? Not so. In reality the hotel is situated between an Office Depot parking lot and three highways.
Room was large and comfortable and the staff really nice. But the lack of safety deposit box in the room struck me as strange.
If you don't mind the sad ideal location, this is a nice hotel. Will find other options for the next SXSW festival.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here b/c of a convention - we paid a lot so we thought it would be pretty nice - we were very wrong! First we got to our room where there was no pull out couch like we ordered. We call down to the front desk 3 times and after hearing he "wasn't sure he had a roll away bed and there was no way we could switch rooms " we were pretty frustrated. So we came to the decision at 1:15AM screw it we are going out and buying an iinflatable bed. We had to ask for extra beding 2 times so by the time it finally came we were exhausted! There is no free breakfast so after msking our own we needed a stop from housekeeping. We had to "specially" request it. Needless to say we will NOT be coming back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hope F
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Hope F,

We certainly would like to apologize that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent stay. I'll provide my contact information below in hopes that you will contact me to discuss things further.

To begin, reservations are based on room type which includes a standard king, king executive, and standard double. While some of our king rooms have pullout sleeper sofas, it isn't a bookable room type. However, we certainly do our best to accommodate every guests' request and preference. I do apologize if we couldn't accommodate your request to move rooms due to high hotel occupancy or provide you with a roll-away bed if you were already in a room with two beds (due to City of Austin Fire Code).

While the Holiday Inn Express does include a continental breakfast, the full-service Holiday Inn's do not include it in their standard rate. However, their are rate options which allow you to add it into your rate. As per housekeeping, our guests never have to specially request it. Though fluctuations in occupancy and staffing levels may delay the time that housekeeping comes to your room between days, our housekeeping staff does not leave until every room is serviced.

Again, I hope you will contact me to further discuss your experience during your stay and allow me the opportunity to better address it with our staff and make things right.

Robert D. Holsten II | Front Office Manager | 512-451-5757