“Great Stay”

Ranked #75 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Katy, Texas, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at this location a serveral times while in Austin for business. Great Staff, nice rooms. The area surrounding the hotel is on the downslide with several business closed down including the mall. It's close to 35 and 290, but not too close that the freeway noise will keep you awake.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I will start off by saying the staff in general was friendly (especially the front desk). My room was spacious and had a comfortable bed so no complaints there. I recently stayed for 1 night on business and was bummed to see my request for room service in the morning for breakfast wasn't picked up by the staff (door hanger was still on my door the next morning, fail.) I was in a bit of a rush since a coworker of mine was on his way to pick me up. When I walked downstairs I noticed a few other door hangers still on guests' doors that weren't picked up either. Fail again.

I told the person at the reception desk and he was apologetic and gave me a $5 voucher at the bar. It was around 7:30 and the bar wasn't ready to serve, I quickly realized. I finally got a cold bagel and coffee after a bit.

I would highly suggest to other guests to call room service themselves instead of using the door hanger since it doesn't seem like a priority for them to pick them up each night.

Room Tip: Call room service yourself, they don't always pick up the room service door hangers the night be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Our brand recognizes that our guests have increasingly demanding, even hectic work schedules. Our breakfast hangers are designed to provide our guests the pleasure of sleeping in and the convenience of having breakfast delivered when they expect it. On behalf of our management team, I sincerely apologize that we didn't start your day off right.

Within hours of your review, our operations team convened with our contracted security company to address this issue and amend our standard operating procedures. I can assure you that we use our guests' feedback to ensure that we continue to deliver on our brand's promise - to provide great hotels our guests love.

I hope you will contact me directly if your travel plans bring you back to the Austin area. We are very eager to make things right.

Kindest Regards,

Robert D. Holsten II | Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
512-451-5757
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Obviously, this is an older hotel that has been re-done. However, they did a good job!

We were in town for a Longhorn game, and decided to stay here because available hotel rooms were scarce. This turned out to be a nice stay. Staff was friendly, it was an easy check-in, and the room was clean and roomy. Comfortable bed, too. Having a coffee bar in the lobby was also great the next morning. All in all, we would stay here again. Good job guys.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NR, NY
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Positives: Nice and modern. It seems that the entire place was recently remodeled.
Great value. Free parking.

Negatives: The area is a bit tricky to navigate, even using GPS.
If you are searching for something within walking distance to the downtown are, this is not your place, but again it's a great value!

I would recommend it to others!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Calabrisella5
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had an overnight stay in Austin for work and chose this hotel quite arbitrarily. I was offered a complementary upgrade for being an IHG member and the room was excellent!! Robert at the front desk must have recognized how tired and worn out I felt and decided I could use a boost. He changed my whole outlook for the day with a simple gesture. Based on what I saw, the hotel has had a facelift and it's very apparent. I'll be looking to stay here next time I travel to Austin!! Thanks again to Robert!

Marvin Beechly

Room Tip: Balcony views are excellent!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chappell Hill, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last moment - 4 hours before we arrived - and when we drove up our hearts kind of sank real low. This hotel was of another brand and we did not have a good time when it was another name. We expected the worse as we walked in but we were pleasantly surprised. This hotel was cleaned up with a very friendly staff and a nice comfortable bar. The rooms were cleaned up - the last time we were there we had to chase the roaches out of the bath tub.Good value for the money spent.
I highly recommend this place - close to all of the sites in Austin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The front desk staff were very polite. The room was superior to hotels much pricier. We had drinks in the bar before adventuring into the town and Joshua was very pleasant. Whipped us up a couple special drinks and suggested some great places to visit. Robert was also very gracious and pleasant. The hotel is very clean.
The only downside was the girl who worked late. She was very rude and obviously didn't want to be bothered. Still, overall the experience was superb and we will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013