“Okay Stay”

Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Ranked #74 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visited Austin this pas Saturday to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. It was fairly close drive to 6th street. You can tell they're remodeling the hotel. The room was okay. The sheets seemed clean and the room itself was pretty spacious. The bathroom was tiny, as were the beds. Each room has a balcony, but there's nothing spectacular to look at. I slept well, but nothing really stood out...the only thing that stood out was the guy's attitude at the front desk. He wasn't very pleasant to deal with. Other than that, it's a good hotel to just sleep in after going out. Oh and the pool is small, but we still had a good time there : )

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would like to let you know that my last 3 trips to Austin, TX. I have stayed here @ the MidTown hotel and have had an outstanding experiences!! Robert Holsten has done such a fine job by helping with a reservation issue on my first stay, that now I will not look else where to sleep!

Robert has gone the extra to make me feel welcomed and has also upgraded my rooms to the point I feel special. Very professional and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Here for a conference and relaxation. Henry at the bar downstairs is ahhmazing! Fantastic service and always friendly. Overall great hotel stay. He has a wonderful smile and is very helpful at providing tips for downtown. I cannot say enough about his customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed there while visiting our Son in colledge we did get a college rate Hotel staff very friendly room service out standing services Excellent breakfast all staff real helpful. Me and my wife have our son in Austin community colledge so to other family ask for colledge discounts.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The table lamp didn't work in the first one, and was across from construction, even though I asked for a room in the quietest part of the building. Front desk clerk could've been friendlier, though she wasn't rude. Just doing her job without warmth or much interest. Room was adequate. Got the price through Hotwire, which as always, means the least interest, and occasionally, the least desirable room. That said, the room was perfectly serviceable for what we paid. Next to an abandoned shopping mall. Nothing much around. Nothing within walking distance. Wouldn't necessarily seek to book it again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kurt2010
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Kurt2010,

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel. I am happy you found our hotel rooms adequate. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are sorry for not being able to meet your expectations on this day particularly with the hotel location and some aspects of hotel staff service. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was very clean and modern. All the people who work there are very friendly and helpful. The reunion was such a success with all their help. Especially Jarat Schkade, the Senior Sales Manager, when ever we needed something for our hospitallity room or our rooms he had them send it right away. Jarat was always on top of any problems that we encourted and fixed it for us. Jarat has a wonderful personality and very considerate, I can not say enough about him. Our gentleman from the Bush are mostly in their 90's and was able to get around very easily and comfortable for all our activies at the hotel. The gentleman and their families really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and our banquet dinner. Thank you so much for helping me make this a success reunion.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were on a special trip from PA to hear our grandsons concert at the Butler School of Music, Un of Texas, when we had some health problems. We had a lovely room, king size bed with balcony, and the Red Pepper Cafe on location had a breakfast buffet and dinner menu to our liking. The morning waitress, Oralia #38 and dinner waitress, Simone Laurent #7, gave us special attention, even though cafe was busy. Our room bed linen was changed every day. We were very happy with our stay and accomodations from April 4 to April 7.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family