“Perfect location for a photoshoot”

Zilker Botanical Garden
Ranked #23 of 325 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Botanical Gardens includes 31 acres of land with plants that thrive in arid southwestern conditions.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect location for a photoshoot”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My friend did her wedding photoshoot here, so we brought the entire bridal party for an hour-long shoot while everyone else headed to the reception.

I have never seen a more gorgeous garden. Absolutely stunning!! I highly recommend it for any type of photos - wedding, prom, engagement, etc!!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank Teresa C

• Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“It's totally free.”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This place is completely free, so can you really expect for the plants and everything to be in tip top shape? I don't think so. But it's very pretty, FREE and huge. It's hot outside but check this out if you have an afternoon to fill and you don't want to spend any money. Nice picture taking too :)

1 Thank helloo_geisha
Orlando
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Be careful of food, too many exotics”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The gardens were good for a walk, but no identification plaques, very few identified. Too many exotics around the gardens, for Austin & Texas more natives would be encouraged. They were more worried about the red ants. We were having lunch in the parking area before our flight and two people warned us to stop and eat in our car because food crumbs will attract the ants, which harm the plants. I am a biologist in Florida and never heard of that explanation to make visitors uncomfortable. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Be careful of the food police! It is free, so what can you expect.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank PatsyBOrlando
Dallas, Texas
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“A little out of the way, but nice change of pace when visiting a city.”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

It's a little outside of Austin and you can really only get there by car. I don't think it's worth paying the cab fee to get there, but if you have a car it's a neat way of spending a few hours outside the city. There's lots of benches to hang out and a lot of thick bamboo and other trees to offer shade. I posted quite a few pics here: http://countryskipper.com/2011/04/06/enjoying-a-conference-in-austin/

Visited February 2011
3 Thank countryskipper
NC
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Peaceful, Beautiful, and completely free!”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I took my 9 yr old daughter here and we were pleasantly surprised. It's more than just a botanical garden. There was an old log cabin, a one room school house, and a blacksmith shop on the grounds. We were there in January so a lot of the fountains weren't filled and it wasn't very green. Even so, my daughter enjoyed getting out for some fresh air and she got some of her energy out. I could see that in the spring and summer the gardens, and especially the Japanese gardens would be amazing!

Visited January 2011
4 Thank beachluv20

Been to Zilker Botanical Garden? Share your experiences!