“Very Cool For A place Built in 1886!”
Review of The Driskill

$25.00*
Austin and Texas Hill Country Small-Group Tour
Ranked #6 of 330 things to do in Austin
Reviewed February 19, 2013

While you may not want to spend the money to stay at The Driskill hotel, you definitely want to drop by and walk around in their lobby and perhaps find an excuse to sit in one of their chairs and have a drink! Built in 1886, it is the oldest operating hotel in Austin. It is a very ornate looking building and when you walk inside the lobby, you feel like you have entered a much older more sophisticated pre computer world!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We dropped into the Driskill Bar for a drink and ended up staying for the great bar food and live music. The Bar has great decor, comfy lounge seats and an awesome vibe. Try the beef sliders - they were very tasty and the music was great.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is very cool. It's got a great vibe, with a classic man-cave feel. The architecture is beautiful, as well. If you're staying downtown, this is probably the most unique option.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I don't like going to SXSW-it's always a hot mess, but I go to support my bands for work and to network with old acquaintances. The Driskill was a fabulous choice, because as soon as I walked into my hotel room (several times a day to seek refuge), I forgot I was in Austin for the event. It's pretty nice, very clean, kind of expensive, totally worth it.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is a wonderful historic building and their staff was extremely attentive during my one week stay. My boyfriend and I were a bit disappointed when we walked into our room, it was a well decorated shoe box. We immediately requested a different room and without notice, we ended up in room 25 on the 5th floor which is the room where two brides committed suicide 10 years or so apart. One morning I was on my way out of the room and one lady begged me to let her in so she could see the " the haunted Bride Suicide room " and that's when we realized why room 5- 25 was so popular. Aside from the curious haunted theme I would say the rooms are not too comfortable, the sinks are tiny and there's barely any room to unpack clothes and other personal items. However, their great service and convenience of location made up for the small flaws. Their cafe and bakery is amazing! And the concierge offered top notch assistance every time we contacted him.

Been to The Driskill? Share your experiences!