“Stayed here for SXSW-happy I did.”
Review of The Driskill

$25.00*
Austin and Texas Hill Country Small-Group Tour
Ranked #6 of 335 things to do in Austin
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I don't like going to SXSW-it's always a hot mess, but I go to support my bands for work and to network with old acquaintances. The Driskill was a fabulous choice, because as soon as I walked into my hotel room (several times a day to seek refuge), I forgot I was in Austin for the event. It's pretty nice, very clean, kind of expensive, totally worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is a wonderful historic building and their staff was extremely attentive during my one week stay. My boyfriend and I were a bit disappointed when we walked into our room, it was a well decorated shoe box. We immediately requested a different room and without notice, we ended up in room 25 on the 5th floor which is the room where two brides committed suicide 10 years or so apart. One morning I was on my way out of the room and one lady begged me to let her in so she could see the " the haunted Bride Suicide room " and that's when we realized why room 5- 25 was so popular. Aside from the curious haunted theme I would say the rooms are not too comfortable, the sinks are tiny and there's barely any room to unpack clothes and other personal items. However, their great service and convenience of location made up for the small flaws. Their cafe and bakery is amazing! And the concierge offered top notch assistance every time we contacted him.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Beautiful interior with a nice bar and lounge. The Grill has excellent dinners and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Nice way to see a bit of Texas history.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great staff, food is amazing and accommodations are five star. No complaints other than I didn't want to leave. Hope to stay here again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Driskill bar is a class act on Sixth Avenue. Good appetizer and drinks at fair prices. Comfortable atmposphere without a stuffy feel.

Been to The Driskill? Share your experiences!