“Great ambiance and happy hour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Great ambiance and happy hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Very nice on the inside and service was great. Drinks were good (they have my favorite craft beer on tap, which is rare!) They have a happy hour on Saturday which is great, we ate very well and got discounted drinks. No complaints whatsoever!!

Visited February 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

First visited when they were at their old location at 219 W and really enjoyed it back in October. Visited again this time in their new location and it was still very good. Our table had many of the appetizers and they were all very very good The atmosphere is also very nice. My only complain is that some of the tables are very low to the ground with normal size chairs. And by low to the ground I don't just mean a few inches, I am talking, so low you could sit on the ground on a pillow and be closer to the table than sitting in the chairs. I was here when I learned that Whitney Houston had died so I will now always remember it for that...and the GREAT FOOD!!!

• Visited February 2012
Austin, Texas
“Not a place to go with children, rude management. Out of towners very dissappointed!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have visited 219 West in Austin a few times before, it is a happening place, where locals go to have a drink or two after work during week nights.

I had a few friends come out of town and wanted to take them to this happening place, but they had a younger child. We were there on a Wednesday early evening, around 7:00ish, and there were a few people inside.
Immediately after arriving and being greeted by the hostess she looked down upon us and frowned that we had a child come with us.
She immediately said that there was gonna be a long wait because she didn't want us to sit by anyone already inside.
I asked to speak to the manager, but it just got worse... she was pretentious and very very rude lady, who said that her restaurant was not for children, where I have actually seen very young people inside before!!
She suggested we leave and look at other options because she was denying service to us because she didn't think that other patron's would appreciate being seated by us would be comfortable.

The food is ok, and the drinks are ok, as I had experienced before, but after this event, I will definitely won't be going back to a venue where I was treated rudely. I am sure they do well, and can treat people the way they did.

This happened at their old location in 4th st. I hope that the new location also brings new staff, who is friendlier to families with children, and out of towners with children who are looking to experience Austin in a good light.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“Bon Genre Bon Chic <3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I'm a regular at 219 and I absolutely adore this place. The ambience is very nice earlier in the day before the 5pm happy hour traffic. if you prefer a slight buzz and not an overwhelming amount of chatter in a restaurant I recommend going before their happy hour starts or right when it starts in order to avoid a loud scene. However, if you're looking for a place to grab a few drinks and appetizers before hitting the town this place is perfect! The Jamaicatini and one of my favorite drinks (contains a dash of coconut so be careful with those allergies) and my favorite appetizers are the sliders! They'e so delicious! Enjoy :)

• Visited September 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great atmosphere... LOVE...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

great atmosphere... LOVE the half wine bottles... avoid the ceviche...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to 219 West? Share your experiences!