“A delightful dinner.”

OR
Order Online
Ranked #249 of 4,506 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pelóns Tex-Mex has rich history in the great city of Austin. Downtown’s best kept secret is Pelóns Tex-Mex and one the finest patio environments Austin has to offer. Tex-Mex favorites, award winning margaritas and a host of tequila flights make Pelóns a must visit on your next trip to downtown Austin.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly service accompanied the large portions of the enchilada soup with the southwest salad. Filling and good.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (170)

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

I initially ordered the white fish and carnita taco and was left with the best darn fish taco I've ever tasted, the carnita was equally sublime. What I'm upset about was Kristina, our waitress, didn't force the bahn mi taco until later....that was the creme de la creme of tacos. All jokes aside we had an amazing experience. Great location, amazing service, and food that was just beyond. I look forward to my next visit!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 17, 2019

I was here twice- one time I dined in and once I picked up food. Both times, it was amazing and fast. The service was also excellent.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019 via mobile

We stumbled across this quaint little restaurant while staying in the cultural arts district. Small and cozy, but great food and drinks. Queso was fabulous! Combination of cheese, meat, guacamole, and pick. Carne quisada was some of the best I’ve ever had. If your looking for quaint and cozy, this is your place

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Such a cool spot!! Service is spectacular and food is delish. Started with chips, salsa, guacamole and queso. The salsa is spicy but yummy. The guac and queso are killer!!!! I had the cheese enchiladas with refried beans and Mexican street corn. The atmosphere is cool and fun. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Pelons Tex Mex? Share your experiences!