“I'd say below average compared to”

Korea House Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #746 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Austin, Texas
“I'd say below average compared to”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Korean food I've had in the orient. However the place is usually packed, so I may be the only dissenting voice on this. My meal had pork of very low quality, filled with gristle and bone….a very low quality meal. I would not go back

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
“BBQ is good”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

All the meats for BBQ are really awesome! But the waitresses there are really ' awesome' too. They are just give u a crying n angry face like u are doing something to their family!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Liked by Friends”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am not a huge fan of asian cuisine so take this review with a pinch of salt. My spouse and friends though, enjoyed the food and liked what they ordered.
The ambiance is okay and the grill on tables concept is pretty neat.

Visited December 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Long Drive for a Poor Meal”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had high hopes for a unique Korean BBQ dining experience, but we left very disappointed with this restaurant. Upon entering we couldn't help but notice how badly this place needs a facelift. It is old and tired, along with the restrooms being substandard. Not an appealing environment at all. We asked to be seated at one of their few tables having built in gas BBQ grills; the grilling unit looked like it was from the 50's and the tables small and uneven.
The guests I was with were happy with their BBQ meals and I regret not ordering one of them. Instead, the shrimp and vegetable tempura combo sounded good to me so that's what I ordered. Big mistake! Instead of the shrimp and veggies being in a delicate, crispy, light, fluffy batter, the order arrived in a huge woven basket. I knew something was wrong when I lifted the basket and it felt like a ten pound weight! The shrimp and veggies were prepared and proportioned in such a gross manner that each piece felt unusually weighty and was tough to the bite into due to their density. I don't know what the cook did but my tempura was too dense and heavy to enjoy, not the light and crispy dish that tempura should be. I won't be going back here ever again.

• Visited July 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
“Felt like being back in Asia loved it”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Good food and fun! There was a group of seven us. We all ordered a protein a piece ( from tongue to chicken ), yaki man doo and a jalapeño peasano. Then they bought about 15 side dishes at least. Yum yum . I didn't give it the extra star because I thought the meat was good but not the best I ever had. Overall good eats and a great way to spend the night out.

• Visited July 2013