“Good Music, Good Food, A bit high on the prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Central Market Westgate
Ranked #283 of 3,668 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Temple, Texas
“Good Music, Good Food, A bit high on the prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I know it's Austin, but do we really expect a $9 burger in a café attached to a high end grocery store? Of course you do. Nights that there is music, it can be crowded, and a little dancing may break out. For the budget minded, a bowl of tortilla soup is great, the pizza can be split if you are not famished, but you really can't split the sliders... just barely enough for one unless you get the $6 Chips y mas... chips chile con queso, salsa, and an 'interesting' guacamole. Long line at the walk up counter is to be expected, but a good variety of hard and soft drinks. I have also noted a lot of birthday parties... so it can be a fun place on a weekend night, or a place to grab a bite before shopping during the week

• Visited January 2014

Austin, Texas
“This Is My Supermarket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I live next door to Central Market Westgate so I am there several times a week. It is a wonderful place. Friendly and helpful staff. Generous samples. Lots of organic and healthy foods. Sometimes it is a little pricey. Not as much variety as regular supermarkets. Live music several evenings a week in the cafe. Good people watching.

Visited January 2014
Cabo San Lucas
“Selection and Satisfaction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This market is well worth a visit if you have some time. Their produce section is expansive; and I can't imagine they won't have what you may be looking to find.

There is also a good selection of vegan products, gluten free products and vitamin products. Bring your own shopping bags when you choose to shop in Austin.

I really enjoyed Central Market!

Visited July 2013
“In love with this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife knows I have some weird fascination with grocery stores so we often venture into them. Wandered into Central Market after boot shopping and so glad we did. I was in foodie heaven and wishing I could move to live nearby. It reminded me of a wegmanns or whole foods. All the fresh food sections were HUGE! I'm salivating just thinking about it. We sampled lots of fruit, bread, and cheese but only ended up buying some fresh pressed juice and food from the deli/cafe. We got the tandoori chicken, sweet potato fries (best I've had), cous cous and gelato for dessert. Nothing disappointed and as sad as this may sound, we might not have had a better meal our entire time in Austin. If we could afford it we would do all our shopping at places like this... Ahhh to dream.

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Good food and entertainment on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped by Central Market Cage for the live jazz on Saturday evening. The atmosphere was very laid back and casual, appropriate even for families with smaller children. The quality of the food was good, and since you can buy wine and beer, you can have a dinner, or just drinks and enjoy the music. There is no wait staff--it is the kind of place where you order your food at the counter, get your drinks yourself , seat yourself, and pick up your food when the buzzer they give you goes off.

• Visited June 2013