“shop there all the time”

Central Market Westgate
Ranked #291 of 3,736 Restaurants in Austin
Austin, Texas
“shop there all the time”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice eatery inside a strong supermarket. Lots of nice European items if you are into French cheese and Italian meats, or good cooking supplies. Better selection than Whole Foods, which does have EXCELLENT but expensive organic and less selection brandwise.

Visited March 2013

Lockhart, Texas
“Love Central Market!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great selection of meats and fish, veggies and vitamins. The prices are higher than most markets, but they offer a great variety of organics and whole health foods and products. Many you can't find in other stores.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Heather-Moyer
“An expensive treat”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I love Central Market. If I had an unlimited grocery budget, I would buy all my groceries there. So instead, we treat ourselves and go when we can. We even take out of town guests there because it is so unique and fun to experience. I went to the Paris special event and had an amazing duck leg and glass of wine in the French bistro set up in the store. The chef came and told me how he made it. I was with my 10 year old and he loved his steak with red wine reduction. Gotta try it!

Visited May 2012
Nutley, New Jersey
“Excellent muffins!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stocked our home away fridge At the central market on our first day in Austin. We had lunch first at the cafe then picked up some groceries including some excellent freshly baked muffins. Yum! My sister picked up some coconut water which she loved as well.

• Visited April 2012
“Foodie heaven!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Central Market is a great experience. Wind your way around the different sections of the store. Lots of great produce and a wonderful meat market. The bakery, cheese and deli areas are divine. And don't forget the beer and wine department. The folks there can always guide you to a great bottle of something.

Visited February 2012

Been to Central Market Westgate? Share your experiences!