“Cold food. Not worth $$”
Review of Buffet Palace

Buffet Palace
Ranked #456 of 3,737 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Meridianville, Alabama
“Cold food. Not worth $$”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

First, let me say that we visited the killeen restaurant.

Pros: friendly, bright, clean, buffet.
Cons: food was cold. 1/2 the food I tasted was gross. I literally only liked the salmon and peach cobbler. Even the rice and sesame chicken were gross.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time and money.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Houston, TX USA
“Go Ahead!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've done a good bit of travels. I do like a good buffett for the speed, variety, hit it and get it and go! We happened on this one quite by accident-were passing by, got hungry, and popped in. Glad we did. Now several visits later, we still enjoy. Not your typical Asian buffett. It has a variety of dishes. Different salads, meats, some Korean, some you don't know but all delish. Not hard to get to either. Right off 71 at West Gate. Set the time and go!

Visited June 2014
nashville
“Great Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We went to dinner had a great meal the desserts were just ok but I do not care about the desserts I loved the beef short ribs pork rib tips but esp the beef short ribs ate a bunch and liked very much the imitation crab salad just wished they had crackers we all enjoyed this restaurant

Austin, Texas
“It'll stop yer hungry...”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

When this place first opened, it was the shizzzzzzzzz. It aint no more.

Don't misunderstand me. This place is good, but you need to know when to come and realize that it is average at best. Get there just as lunch or dinner is starting up so the food is fresh and hot. Good selection of soups, salads, sushi rolls, standard entrees, and desserts (I have never liked any of the desserts except the ice cream). If you're really hungry, you can get your grub on.

If you wait until lunch and/or dinner is over, the food starts being less fresh. You know what that means. I absolutely will not touch the sushi between lunch and dinner as it sits out long enough the rice begins to dry out and the fish becomes less than appetizing in the mouth. So I just don't go then.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Orion G
Stillwater
“Average Buffet”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is more of a korean and sushi buffet than a typical chinese buffet. I am not a big fan of both sushi and korean. If you like any of these i would encourage you to visit the place. The place was fairly clean and whatever they have tasted good.

Visited July 2013

Been to Buffet Palace? Share your experiences!