“Great food and atmosphere! Lots to offer!”

Magnolia Cafe South
Ranked #29 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
“Great food and atmosphere! Lots to offer!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband, formerly from Austin area, raved about this cafe! A friend and I checked it out and it is exactly what my husband remembered. The food was perfect and the service was excellent. Seated immediately, ordered within 5 min and received our food within 20 mins. Environment is perfect for any walk of life. I was in the mood for breakfast, so I got eggs, bacon and a pancake. My friend ordered a turkey melt with homefries, and said that it was really good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank juliebowers

Reno, Nevada
“Local, quick, great food, comfy atmosphere”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was pregnant (read: hungry) and wanted something local, real, and wonderful. Enter Magnolia Cafe South. Perfect. Immediately seated, talked to like we were there weekly, recommendations were on-point, quick food, casual pace, perfect!
My husband and I sat for longer than we expected, talked to the server, got AMAZING recommendations for other local places (that turned out to be great too!), read the local papers, and took off when we were ready. We weren't rushed, pushed, or prodded.
Amazing options for vegetarians, vegans, and us carnivores!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gld2Bgoing
Hollywood, FL
“The real deal!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Got there on Saturday morning at 11AM. Was told there would be a 20 min wait. Went next door to the gift shop. In 18 minutes, we were called and sat. Had to have a mimosa and migas (not from Texas and a must have). Service is excellent. Next time I HAVE to have the pancakes.

Visited January 2014
Israel
“Simple, not a must”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I visited there yesterday and there was a huge line of people waiting outside the restaurant. Well in this case the food should be great (a thought passed my mind). Usually I don't wait for food there so many places around but since I was with a friend a new to Austin we decided to wait. The waiting area was crowded an opposite the rest room which were smelling awfully.Lucky us there was aplace in the terrace which we took so the waiting was not so long. I've ordered a veggie dish which was nice my friend went for the Tuna Salad. Both of them were tasty and the dressings are very nice. The price was reasonable but I don't think I will come back.

• Visited January 2014
Fort Worth, TX
“Our visit was ok, but I bet it's usually better...”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We ate at Magnolia on 1/1/14, New Year Morning. It was packed. We expected to wait but only had to wait about 15 minutes. Not bad. Needless to say, the food was just ok. I expected more from other reviews. My main issue was I ordered a veggie omelet and the veggies were still cool and crisp. They weren't cooked all the way. I think the cooks were rushing the orders out to keep customers moving. I'd bet on most every other day of the year, the food is much better. We don't live in Austin so I doubt we'll visit again, but we may if given the chance. I wouldn't write off Magnolia based on this review. It's a need place, great atmosphere and the menu is good.

Visited December 2013