“Good overall experience!”

Mesa Rosa
Ranked #2,037 of 3,689 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good overall experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I always like eating here after Sunday church service. They have great staff that are very attentive & there food is super delicious!

austin
“The meat in the food is ground soy !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have eaten at great Mexican food restaurants and I will tell you this it is the worst place I have eaten. My husband and I were very hungry since we hadn't eaten all day it was around After six oclock. .we ask to sit outside and the waitress looked so young and waited forever for a menu she finally came out and got us our drink order.The drinks are very sugary tasting.She mentioned it was owned by Muslim owner who doesn't put real meat in the food becuase of his religion I said really?? shocking ...........I was sad that if this was mexican it was not the real deal I lived in texas all my life and never had food this bad really folks do yourself a favor it can make you sick like my husband was feeling bad hour later if you know what I mean. Sad for us.it took forever to get the check..never again terrible and mean it.

• Visited October 2011
Austin, Texas
“Consistently good TexMex - any location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We live in the Austin area, and Mesa Rosa is one of our favorite restaurants. I almost didn't write this review to keep it a secret. :-)
Everything we have ordered, no matter the location, is yummy. We have ordered: fajitas, enchilada (all kinds) nachos, drinks, combo dinners and a few of their chicken dishes. All were tasty, served hot, and correct (I ask for no tomatoes, different beans than the ones that normally come with dinners, etc.)
I will say that when you compare them with other TexMexs (Serranos, La Margarita, and the ever popular Chuy's), the decor is somewhat lacking. The food more than makes up for it, though!

• Visited August 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“New Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Loved the queso!! Really enjoyed the atmosphere, too!! Cheese enchiladas were great! We would eat here over and over again if we had one back home!!

• Visited July 2011
“Garbage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

My wife and I have given this place several chances because our neighbors liked it, some people have bad taste. The food tastes like can dog or cat food. This is probably the worst Mexican food in or around Austin. Do yourself a favor and stay away. You'll Thank me I promise.

Been to Mesa Rosa? Share your experiences!