“Great food, but restaurant is run down.”
Review of Onion Creek Grille

Onion Creek Grille
Ranked #656 of 3,728 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Cypress, Texas, United States
“Great food, but restaurant is run down.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business and while the food and service were fine, I was seated next to the window and there were flies all over it. The restaurant itself is pretty run down and needs a remodel.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Norman M

Wheeling, West Virginia
“Wonderful surprise.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Staying at a hotel nearby this restaurant was the closest. We were truly surprised by the menu. Apparently it was new. The salad and pozole were great. My husband had a pork dish with corn pone that he enjoyed. The flan for desert was also delicious.

The staff was very friendly and you can't beet the prices.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent Restaurant, Good Service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stated at hotel near by and dropped in for dinner. Was very quiet but reasonably late. Overall service was excellent, staff attentive. The fish choice was very appetising with choices if sides. If you're staying nearby this is worth dropping in, it's reasonable remote otherwise.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great service, bit pricey, poor lunch buffet, excellent dinners.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
Lunch:
Staff was very welcoming, accomodating and provided first class service.
However, the lunch buffet of roast beef was extremely poor and not very apetizing.
The price was comparible to a average lunch of $10 a plate.
The server was helpful, kind and efficient, not to much service not to little.
In other words refilled drinks, checked how was your meal, but let you enjoy eating without rushing.

Dinner:
Excellent, well prepared and way above average. The prices were not astronomical and the service was again wonderful.

Cons:
Lunch:
Poor selection of food on the lunch buffet, overcrowded and trying to dtuff to many tables in a small room.
Nothing was labeled so you had no idea what you were getting. Had to guess. Sloppy presentation of food and a bit tired in selection of food and poor quality of meats.
Salad was great though.

Dinner:
This was like an entirely different place for dinner. Nothing poor to note. Above expectations.

So sad that the hotel staff for check-in were of the worst quality I have ever experienced. I will not recommend staying in the hotel, I would rather sleep in my car than experience the horrid treatment I received upon check-in, however, I do highly recommend the restaurant.

Texas
“Tasty Breakfast”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I really liked the fast and courteous service of Brenda, my server. She was kind, conversational, and made me feel at home. Although I ended up taking my food to go (I was not feeling well), she was flexible and brought everything out in a time manner. The chef prepared my food perfectly. I ordered the "Light and Healthy" breakfast that came with eggs of choice, turkey bacon, and a couple other sides. There was also a breakfast buffet that was very appealing. Hope to try it next time.

Visited October 2012