“Good food close to our hotel”
Review of Hill Country Pasta House - CLOSED

Hill Country Pasta House
Cuisines: Southwestern, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We tried Hill Country Pasta House because it was a quick 5 minute drive from our hotel on Lake Travis. It was good Italian food, but nothing really stand out-ish.
We shared the spinach & artichoke dip (which came with delicious bread with melted cheese on it) and the Classic wood-fire pizza. The pizza was huge! At least 3 people could have eaten it. It was good but just a warning the entire bottom layer is crushed sausage so we had to scrape it off so sausage wasn't the only thing we were tasting.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hill Country Pasta House is amazing! The decor and ambiance is so warm and cozy. You walk in and see the wood burning pizza oven and bar. We were seated and served quickly. Our server was very nice and attentive. The wine list was good and prices were reasonable. We both ordered the Lasagna Bolognese, and I assure you, I will never be the same! The portion was large and lovingly assembled with perfectly cooked noodles, layers of sauce, ricotta, and spinach, and topped with the meatiest marinara I have ever eaten. Every bite was more delicious than the last. It had the perfect balance of hearty meat sauce and delicate pasta. MMM!!!! I saw other dishes, and they all looked just as yummy. I also want to go back and try a pizza from that wood-burning oven. This place is now on our list of must-go-to places when we are back in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

this is next door to Hudsons on the Bend. We love the staff like next door. The food is all fresh, organic and very tasty. Great Brick oven pizzas, the Steak filet or Cajun Rob-eye is excellent. As you would guess, the wine list is excellent. sit at the bar or sit at a table, either way will be good for you and your party, it always is for my friends and us. You wont be disappointed.

cheers!

1  Thank rodwilliamsmusic
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This restaurant offers a decent wine list and beer, but no full bar. The menu is fairly extensive and varied. Service on both our visits was efficient and friendly. The food was pretty good and plentiful. The pizza crust was not crisp as we like it but we are used to Italian pizza. Flavor was good. The place is attractive and pleasant. I wouldn't call it gourmet, but for a nice meal, it's good

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a delicious wood oven pizza at the Hill Country Pasta House. I'd say it was probably one of the best pizzas the four of us have ever eaten. Service was excellent with a very pleasant wait staff.