“no one is perfect”

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Austin, Texas
“no one is perfect”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I had given an excellent earlier review and normally I do not give additional reviews unless it is warranted and unfortunately this time it was. I stopped there last Tuesday night on the way home to pick up some pizza to take home. Kind of a special treat vs crappy pizza or so I thought. I was on hold for several minutes while I called ahead (I hung up when I got in the parking lot). It took more than 10 minutes to place a to go order, then it took 45 minutes to get the pizza. Now that really is not the big deal, it was the service or lack there of during my visit. I understand busy, I understand short staffed, but being constantly ignored was disappointing. I was offered one beverage while I waited. Evidently it was the last night for a Groupon coupon. Love the pizza, no hurry to go back. On that night crappy dominos would have made to a better choice, arggghhhhh.

• Visited November 2011

“Order Nice Bryce with Pinneapple”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Service is sometimes slow, but the nice Bryce with pineapple is Always good!

Austin, Texas
“Easy to pass by, but well worth the stop”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Finally found a great pizza place in a cool location that is family friendly and sells pitchers of beer! Now I had to pass on the pitcher last night, but that will not be the case next time. They had great pizza choices and of course you could choose your own toppings, but we went the #12 BASILICA – No Tomato Sauce – Walnut Pesto Sauce, Feta Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Black Olives and the #17 MARGHERITA – Fresh Basil, Fresh Tomatoes, Fontina Cheese and Fresh Garlic.
Two kids also got there own little pizza and drink for $5.
The building was built the end of the 19th century and has an interesting history. It is a state of Texas historical landmark and ask to read the card they have about the history of both the building and the pizza.

• Visited October 2011
Arlington, Virginia
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had purchased a $20 Groupon for this restaurant in anticipation of an upcoming trip to visit my son at the University of Texas. I thought it might be a decent choice for Friday night pizza with his roommate.
The restaurant in located in an historic stone building (which has housed a number of restaurants since my days at UT) and the ambiance is pleasant and inviting. There are a number of "Signature" pizzas on the menu, e.g. Texas T-bone and Seven Layer Tomatillo, but you can also create your own from a large number of ingredients.
The menu touts that the crust is thin, but it was not the cracker-thin crust I was expecting. In fact, the crust reminded me of what you would find in a frozen pizza from the supermarket. The toppings we ordered were fine, but nothing special.
We had a pleasant dinner and the guys, of course, appreciated a free meal. The price was right with the Groupon discount, but I don't think I'll be making a return visit when I go to Austin again.

• Visited September 2011
“Great pizza”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great little pizza place, a nice place to sit, eat and visit with friends.