“Great burger” 4 of 5 bubbles

Texas Chili Parlor
Ranked #42 of 3,668 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pasco, Washington
“Great burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We got into Austin about seven and after checking in to our hotel, asked for a place close. Two blocks down and we were in chile heaven! Really good burger with a bowl of chile and a cold beer. The meat was really good and the hatch chile on it perfect. They had several different kinds of chile. My husband had Texas red, I had the white pork. Both were great. Casual atmosphere and good music.

Visited January 2014

Austin, Texas
“Most excellent--exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

What a great place! We came expecting little and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. From a surly/semi drunk waiter to a friendly bartender, incredible chili, eclectic clientele--all made for a terrific visit.
We'll be back.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Yeah, you're definitely in Texas here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This place was fantastic, really great service (dude at the bar was just crushing it basically) and the food was tremendous, in a fun atmosphere. I was surprised to see they offered chili with beans on the menu since I thought that was verboten in Texas, but there you go.

The 2x spice level was great, and everything was pretty cheap.

• Visited December 2013
nashville
“Great Chili and the other food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We got there and because two of us had never been asked to look at the menu and we saw our waitress goingto other tables who came and got their food & left before she took our order l was wanting to leave but my brother convinced me to stay and even when she finally took our order still took another 30 mins to get a bowl of chili and the house daily special and my nieces chili dog the waitress was nice once she quit ignoring us and the food was hot and Delicious the mac and cheese some of the best l ever had the Venison Chili was great as well as great Potatoe salad and trust me l do not say that hardly ever say that about PS the Sala and warm chips were great my only complaint was with the service you don't go to tables who sat after another table l know she could give good service because l saw the tables around me get good service considering the crowd in the Resturant, but the food is worth the hassle of parking and the wait it was great food try not to fill up on the warm chips and sala

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
“tasteless chili”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was amazed how someone can a thick chili with chunks of beef taste like watered down chili powder? And my chili dog was cold. A can of Hormel chili would beat this in a contest. The service was good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Texas Chili Parlor? Share your experiences!