“Good Entry Level Steakhouse”

Texas Land & Cattle Steak House - North IH 35
Ranked #421 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the 'Texas' version of Outback Steakhouse. The food was very good, but the real gem was the service. Some of the best service we've had at any restaurant any where any time lately! Seriously. Our waiter couldn't serve you enough and the management staff was just as good. So if you are not into a $100 plus steak meal, then you'll want to stop by Texas Land & Cattle Steak House. They'll treat you right and you'll get a good meal to boot.

Three adults entrees; one kid's meal; one appetizer; no adult drinks and our bill was $120 including a generous, well-deserved tip. We would have spent that on just one of us at Ruth Chris Steak House.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went the other day and was not at all disappointed. Steak was cooked perfect and very good! only shortcomings in my opinion is you get very small amount of mashed taters. It did come with gravey when I asked which is hard to find these days. Also the mt dew was very weak but overall and with the steak being 9 out of a 10 I would go back for sure. Oh and the service was decent and the price very good. Obviously less then ALC for just as good of steak.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I watch we I eat and I can get a great, simple meal at a steakhouse without paying too much. I can get steak or chicken and salad and get full flavor and full belly for less than $15. So I ordered the steak and lettuce wedge -- hits the spot, about the same as most steakhouses. One caution -- make reservations or prepare to wait for a while. They do have a bar area with a community table, which is where I ate, and did not have to wait, albeit on a week night.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

They had good service and the food was good. I liked that it was within walking distance to the Embassy Suites

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Smoked Sirloin Nachos appetizers and the Signature Smoked Sirloin Steak were delicious. The margarita drink was weak.