“the place for steak”

Dining options: Reservations
Austin, Texas
“the place for steak”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Close to my hotel, got the steak I craved, nice atmosphere, attentive staff I will go back when I return to Austin

Visited November 2012

Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Vegans at a steak house!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It was within walking distance from the Embassy Suites, and the baked potatoes and salads were wonderful! Great martinis, too!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank TravlnGMa
Houston, Texas
“Late night dinner”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We pulled in to the Steak House at 10:30 after a late night drive into town. Prompt service, food was good.

Visited November 2012
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,716 helpful votes
“Another Good Experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I belong to a small group that meets throughout Texas; when we meet in Austin, it has been our practice to have lunch at the Texas Land & Cattle Steak House at 6007 North IH 35. On our most recent visit there were seven in our party. Our waitresses were cheerful, accommodating, and efficient, going out of their way to please us. The food was very good and met the needs of diverse appetites, from salads to nachos to salmon to steaks. The hot bread and whipped butter served prior to the meal are to die for. The restaurant was clean, as were the restrooms. In the past five years I have dined at this restaurant at least ten times, and each visit has been a pleasing experience. Because of the service we receive and the quality of the food, we will continue to return to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
San Diego, California
“Smoked Sirloin... Yum!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am a big fan of steakhouses and this did not disappoint! I have eaten at TL&C many times before, but on this trip, I had their specialty, the smoked sirloin. I ordered medium rare and it was PERFECTLY done! The taste was incredible. I was there during happy hour, so I enjoyed my steak itch a very reasonably priced wine.
I started my meal with their delicious steak soup, but their wedge salads are also great I love baked sweet potatoes, and this is one of the side options. I added the mushrooms (plenty to share!!) and the meal was complete!
Great food, great service.. I love it!

• Visited July 2012

Been to Texas Land & Cattle Steak House - North IH 35? Share your experiences!