“THEY DON'T HONOR THEIR OWN COUPONS”

Texas Land & Cattle Steak House
Ranked #419 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
AUSTIN
“THEY DON'T HONOR THEIR OWN COUPONS”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is the second time TXLC refused to honor a coupon that they themselves promoted through the Internet. Texas Land and Cattle sent a "Free Entree" coupon with the purchase of a gift card. I presented the certificate to the waiter when I ordered and made sure it was clear that it was for my entree. When the bill came the cheapest entree of the group was eliminated. I protested but the waiter said the manager said "that's the way the computer does it."

That's a lot of BS! If I had come in alone I assume I would have had my entree for free. The coupon was mine in return for a purchase I made, not my neighbor who happened to be there with me.

This seems to be a practice of theirs-- bait and switch. They have done it to me previously with another coupon. It is cheap, probably illegal, but they know nobody is going to go to the trouble of taking them to court. But it is shady and slimy and makes you think of all the other choices in Austin when you want a steak dinner.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JONATHON L

Austin, Texas, United States
“Changes are not improvements”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you have not been to TX L&C in a while be prepared for changes which are not improvements. The menu has totally changed with fewer options now offered. A few "old favorites" are still offered, but at higher prices. The variety of items in the menu is limited and offers lesser values than before. Their plates, glasses and portion sizes are all smaller, but more costly.. On the plus side, what we ordered still had great taste.

• Visited November 2013
Auckland
“Awesome ”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a busy night during f1 weekend but wait wasn't that long and food was amazing. Would go again! Great wait staff, Shaun was attentive and helpful.

Wimberley, Texas
“Re-branding Phase One”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

TL&C just started a re-branding campaign this month. A new smaller menu with an emphasis on Texas items - steaks, wines, beer, etc. Our server said they are moving away from a "chain" atmosphere. This is phase one where they will try out new menu items for customer feedback.

Sounds good in theory - unfortunately some of my old favorites are gone. Steak soup, the carafe of ice tea on the table, and the petite steak. The food was ok (not great) and we waited over an hour for our food with no drink refills (or extra bread). I expected more from one of my favorite restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
Macomb, Michigan
“Great Place to eat”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We held a Rehearsal Dinner in the Legends Room in mid-October 2013. The food was great and all 50 people in attendance had nothing but good things say about the food and service. Allie helped arrange everything and she did an excellent job.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Texas Land & Cattle Steak House? Share your experiences!