“Good food at fair prices”

Texas Land & Cattle Steak House
Ranked #1,818 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Austin
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I enjoyed been there, Friendly bartenders, food was very good.
Best time to go it is on Friday, where a nice crowd of people is aroung. Service more fast

1  Thank Carlos I
There are newer reviews for Texas Land & Cattle Steak House

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went with some friends to this TLC location last night for a birthday dinner. We were seated immediately in a clean booth that had plenty of room for four adults. Our server arrived within seconds and took our drink orders. We had been here many times before but after they discontinued their buckets of peanuts, we began to frequent another restaurant in South Austin. I am glad we came back here for a change of pace.

Our drinks came within minutes and the wine was excellent and the pours were ample. We ordered our meals and I chose the 9 ounce filet, my wife picked the 11 ounce rib eye and our two friends chose the nightly special, smoked sirloin and grilled shrimp. Bread was delivered piping hot and tasty. For salads, we chose the iceberg wedge with bleu cheese dressing and our friends had the spicy Caesar. Both were fresh and very good.

Our entrees arrived in warm plates and everything looked good. My filet was a true medium, tender and juicy. The rib eye was fine and the smoked sirloin was lean and cooked just right. The shrimp were grilled to perfection. All in all, an enjoyable meal with enough food to require a take away container.

The dining area was not crowded, pleasingly illuminated and clean. All of the staff we came into contact with were very curteous and friendly.We will return and I recommend this TLC without any caveats. Give it a try!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had their signature sirloin and it was cooked to my perfection. The mushrooms were very good. The wait staff was extremely friendly and the manager stopped by twice to make sure I was having a good experience. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

In mid December, we stopped in for lunch and had Grilled Salmon. It was absolutely delicious - and I am ready to go back again soon for more.

Service was excellent, nice atmosphere.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

When you walk in, you immediately notice the Western theme. We sat in a booth and were given a fairly extensive menu. We chose to order from the 2 entrees and one appetizer for $25. The rare and medium rare steaks were perfect, cooked just right and very tasty. The baked sweet potato melted in my mouth. The waiter was very attentive. A truly enjoyable dining experience.