“So delicious”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Get at least one Mexican Martini (it's really like having three). Literally one of the best drinks I've ever had. Then, get the stuffed avocados! They are better than any you've ever had. Ever. Atmosphere is super fun and modern.

There are newer reviews for Trudy's North Star Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very helpful staff, but I was expecting a lot more from the food. Chips, queso, tortillas, everything here could be had anywhere in Texas. Why folks think this is a great must go to joint is beyond me. If you picking this over somewhere else, give somewhere else a try. Don't get me wrong the food is good, but not special.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife, son & I ate there recently and really enjoyed the saturday brunch. It seemed to have about half the menu on the buffet and every item was really good. They had a jalapeno sausage, shrimp and cheese grits were very flavorful as well. They had a spicy bloody mary that was excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for mexican food lovers.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very good food. Lots of choices for vegetarians and all options are noted with a "V" for easy finding on the menu. The staff was very friendly and our food tasted very fresh. The inside of the place is very nice and looks like a fun atmosphere. Offers a heated patio, but we opted out... Overheard other people saying they had nice outdoor seating though. Also, the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We like to go to Trudy's whenever we make a trip to Austin. The Mexican martinis are great, and one is enough to last the whole meal and to give you a buzz. We normally have the mini fried avocados as an appetizer to share, and they're delicious. They come with three sauces. I haven't found an entree I love as much as the avocados, but it's definitely a good meal. Service is great, and the upstairs of this location is self-seating, so you can sit down right away.

Been to Trudy's North Star Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!