“Best tex-mex imaginable!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Medford, Massachusetts
“Best tex-mex imaginable!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I really thought before coming to Texas that it was all about the BBQ - but I'm beyond convinced that it truly is all about the tex-mex. Despite being packed on a Thursday before ACL, four of us were seated immediately. My jack and lemonade cocktail was excellent, and paired perfectly with the chips, salsa and guacamole. No words can describe the deliciousness that is the fried stuffed avocado. It simply must be experienced.

• Visited October 2012

Bryan, Texas
“Best Mexican Martini's and an Austin Essential!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I always insist on going to Trudy's whenever I am in Austin. I will never forget my first dining experience at Trudy's when I was just 16 years old. Now, years later, it is still amazing as ever no matter which location you go to! The food is always great and the service is as well but the real reason for going to Trudy's is for their famous mexican martini! There is a limit of 2 and I have yet to find one anywhere else that even compares to the awesomeness that is Trudy's mexican martini! Don't pass this place up if you are new to Austin or just visiting!

• Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“Tex-Mex favorite!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

One of our favorite dining spots in Austin! Love the menu/ food. I've liked everything I've tried. The patio is one of the few good ones in North Austin. The margaritas and Mexican martinis are to die for. Parking kinda sucks; but that's a testimonial to it's popularity. Be sure to treat yourself to this Austin original!

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Austin Casual at its best”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our 23 year old son took us to his favorite local TexMex joint. We taught him well. Nestled in a residential area two blocks off the UT commercial strip gave it a cozy atmosphere. We sat in the dining room which was a mix of families, hipsters, and young couples. He usually sits in the bar, but that was too crowded when we arrived so we enjoyed sitting in the main dining room. Great service, plates loaded with tasty food made it a bargain. Order a drink special and it's heaven. We started out with chips and salsa and followed it with a stuffed avocado, a chile rellano with shrimp and a standby Chile rellano - all accompanied by rice and beans. We'll go back.

• Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
“An Austin Legend”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I used to live in Austin for 7 years, and have recently moved to Dallas. Every time I go back, I always have to visit this restaurant. Try the stuffed avocado, or chili rellano, both of those dishes are amazing. Everything you have there is good, and if you drink, their Mexican Martini is wonderful. They bring it our in a shaker that will refill your glass two and a half times (limit two). I recommend going here if you go to Austin.

• Visited March 2012