“Best Mexican Martini's and an Austin Essential!!”

Trudy's North Star Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #615 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I always insist on going to Trudy's whenever I am in Austin. I will never forget my first dining experience at Trudy's when I was just 16 years old. Now, years later, it is still amazing as ever no matter which location you go to! The food is always great and the service is as well but the real reason for going to Trudy's is for their famous mexican martini! There is a limit of 2 and I have yet to find one anywhere else that even compares to the awesomeness that is Trudy's mexican martini! Don't pass this place up if you are new to Austin or just visiting!

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

One of our favorite dining spots in Austin! Love the menu/ food. I've liked everything I've tried. The patio is one of the few good ones in North Austin. The margaritas and Mexican martinis are to die for. Parking kinda sucks; but that's a testimonial to it's popularity. Be sure to treat yourself to this Austin original!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our 23 year old son took us to his favorite local TexMex joint. We taught him well. Nestled in a residential area two blocks off the UT commercial strip gave it a cozy atmosphere. We sat in the dining room which was a mix of families, hipsters, and young couples. He usually sits in the bar, but that was too crowded when we arrived so we enjoyed sitting in the main dining room. Great service, plates loaded with tasty food made it a bargain. Order a drink special and it's heaven. We started out with chips and salsa and followed it with a stuffed avocado, a chile rellano with shrimp and a standby Chile rellano - all accompanied by rice and beans. We'll go back.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I used to live in Austin for 7 years, and have recently moved to Dallas. Every time I go back, I always have to visit this restaurant. Try the stuffed avocado, or chili rellano, both of those dishes are amazing. Everything you have there is good, and if you drink, their Mexican Martini is wonderful. They bring it our in a shaker that will refill your glass two and a half times (limit two). I recommend going here if you go to Austin.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stopped in for Sunday Brunch at Trudy's in Austin on my way from Waco to San Antonio. I must admit, I miss this restaurant's as it was always one of my favorites and this trip didn't disappoint.

First off on Sunday's, bloody mary's and Mimosa's are $2.50. Can't beat that deal - just know if you are eating/drinking before noon on Sunday you have to have food on the table to get an alcoholic beverage.

They have a great Sunday brunch and/or you can order off the menu. The enchilada's are my favorite. the menu has suggested combinations, but you really can mix and match - my Beef Fajita with Suiza Sauce were to die for.

The boraccho beans are really good - however, i'm not a fan of the refried beans, either black or regular - they have a sweet taste to them that i just personally don't care for.....

Great casual atomosphere -- reasonably priced food and drinks - must visit if you are in Austin.

Been to Trudy's North Star Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!